• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2011 Stage 9: Issoire - Saint-Flour 208 km

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Ramira said:
I'm quite torn right now. Half of me wants Voeckler to stay away and win while the other half hopes Gilbert wins for VDB2 and Omega Pharma.

You should hope that Voeckler attacks when the breakaway is swallowed by the bunch with 1,5km to go and Gilbert, going solo, hunts him on the 7,5% slopes. That would be epic.

A

Anonymous

ggusta said:
It seems AC's teammate looked over his shoulder, saw AC go down and kept going...??? :confused:

I dunno. You could see him on the radio straight away.

ggusta said:
It seems AC's teammate looked over his shoulder, saw AC go down and kept going...??? :confused:

Yeah I thought that was weird, but maybe he didn't know it was AC.

As for Karpets (or whoever the Katusha rider is) there really is no excuse he could offer. The video makes it clear.

That was a crappy situation for Flecha.

RdBiker said:
What did he do know :D You can blame many things on Contador but I don't think that's one :)

If contador ends up up on the top step, the unemplyment rate will be his fault as far as Bob is concerned.

According to Bob, the whole peloton is nervous about AC's numerous crashes and it is causing some sort of psychological disturbance through the Universe and the rest of the crashes are directly linked to AC's inability to ride without training wheels. I am paraphrasing here.

Clearly Karpets was justified.

TRENDING THREADS