• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2011 Stage 9: Issoire - Saint-Flour 208 km

Page 50 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Publicus said:
It has to be. He doesn't turn his wheel and he's not impacted by a rider coming over from his right. He shoulders AC and continues on his line.

Now if you want to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was practicing avoid some non-existent obstacle, be my guest, but it seems quite clear that the rider made an intentional and unnecessary move that resulted in Alberto Contador crashing.
I just don't think (with the poor quality footage I've seen) Contador could go flying like that just by being shoved by Karpets. To me, his wheel touched someone else's, no doubt because Karpets made a weird move, but to say he intentionally shoved Contador out of the road is a bit too much.

Again, I just have very poor quality footage. Some of you guys have mentioned Karpets looks to his left before the incident - I can't see that in the video. That's why I asked for a better quality clip. No need to get all indignant just because I don't want to pass judgment without seeing a proper video first. Until then, I have to put it down to "positioning fight".

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
kjetilraknerud said:
Why does Garmin to bother now? It's clearly too late, but they still burn out Hesjedal etc.

Agreed 100 percent. Stupid stupid supid, JV. Save your bullets. You lost DZ and DM is hurting, RH out the back. Who will help CVV in a few days? Dumb.

hrotha said:
I just don't think (with the poor quality footage I've seen) Contador could go flying like that just by being shoved by Karpets. To me, his wheel touched someone else's, no doubt because Karpets made a weird move, but to say he intentionally shoved Contador out of the road is a bit too much.

Again, I just have very poor quality footage. Some of you guys have mentioned Karpets looks to his left before the incident - I can't see that in the video. That's why I asked for a better quality clip. No need to get all indignant just because I don't want to pass judgment without seeing a proper video first. Until then, I have to put it down to "positioning fight".

Fair enough. When and if a better quality video is available online, I'll post it. I have the benefit of seeing the entire peloton and a few seconds before what is currently available online.

hrotha said:

I am with you I have not see nthe quality video, but its posible he may have shoved Contador to get him out of the way, and just happened that Contador hit another bike then went flying.

COntador's sudden stage left is suspeicious, but I haven't seen clear footage indicating anything certain.

hrotha said:

Again, I just have very poor quality footage. Some of you guys have mentioned Karpets looks to his left before the incident - I can't see that in the video. That's why I asked for a better quality clip. No need to get all indignant just because I don't want to pass judgment without seeing a proper video first.

You just don't get it. There is an enormous conspiracy, involving American TV presenters, Russian mullets and the UCI against Contador. Casting doubt on the existence of this organised persecution is enough to mark you out as a junior member of the conspiracy yourself. The only acceptable response is to whine and mewl with the Contador fanboy chorus.

TRENDING THREADS