• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2015 Stage 15: Mende-Valence 183km

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Place your bets!

• Cavendish

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • Greipel

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • Degenkolb

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Sagan

Votes: 26 27.4%
  • Démare

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Coquard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kristoff

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Another sprinter

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I still believe in the breakaway

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • Vino

Votes: 10 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Flamin said:
DFA123 said:
Gigs_98 said:
Sagan was the fastest although he was in the break...How can he not win a stage? How?

Lack of team mates to help him. He was perfectly placed with about 600m to go on Kristoff's wheel, but Degenkolb pushed him off it and was then able to get onto Greipel after the last corner.

It's pretty hard to defend positions all the time for 4km without any team to support you. He was the fastest finisher as usual, would probably have won if he had got on Greipel's wheel

Not at all :eek:

Are you Degenkolb?

Realistic summary from Kristoff:

- I clearly did not have acceleration of his when he went. I'm at max, so no chance. He is a strong sprinter and has beaten me many times before. Currently, he is better than me, reasoned Kristoff

DFA123 said:
Flamin said:
DFA123 said:
Gigs_98 said:
Sagan was the fastest although he was in the break...How can he not win a stage? How?

Lack of team mates to help him. He was perfectly placed with about 600m to go on Kristoff's wheel, but Degenkolb pushed him off it and was then able to get onto Greipel after the last corner.

It's pretty hard to defend positions all the time for 4km without any team to support you. He was the fastest finisher as usual, would probably have won if he had got on Greipel's wheel

Are you Degenkolb?

Greipel has clearly proven to be the best sprinter this Tour. How anyone can say Sagan was the fastest finisher as usual is beyond me. Obviously he goes faster in the final 100m, since at that point Greipel is already sprinting for 150m into the wind while Sagan is drafting behind other riders.

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Pierrot le Fou said:
Jerkovin said:
Hayabusa said:
Dangerous sprint by Sagan there (looked like him), nearly took out Coquard.
Apparently Coquard's chain fell off.

Yep, when Sagan veered into him.

I think this shows it well:

28rgqe1.png

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Stelvio said:
Sure, Sagan gives him a little nudge, but it's nothing that McEwen didn't do ten times per sprint.

Would be surprised if he gets sanctioned for that.
Yeah. It looks worse because Coquard has some sort of mechanical issue, which makes him wobble.

Coquard has a lot of mechanical issues then...

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Gigs_98 said:
Btw does europcar really still think coquard can win a sprint in this tour. He is just 5 classes behind the likes of greipel.
He is too small and light and gets easily boxed and outfought. Can´t do much about that.

Flamin said:
DFA123 said:
Gigs_98 said:

I guess you like Degenkolb but be honest. Don't you think sagan would have won this if he was in degenkolbs position? I don't think he was stronger than greipel in this sprint but if you consider that he was in the break his sprint is just impressive.

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Jerkovin said:
Pierrot le Fou said:
Jerkovin said:
Hayabusa said:
Dangerous sprint by Sagan there (looked like him), nearly took out Coquard.
Apparently Coquard's chain fell off.

Yep, when Sagan veered into him.
Actually, it was Coquard who veered in Sagan's direction first and boxed him in at the precise moment Sagan started to sprint. Coq was all over the place at the end

https://twitter.com/cyclingreporter/status/622792840914014208

We must be watching a different video then.

Gigs_98 said:
Flamin said:
DFA123 said:
Gigs_98 said:

I guess you like Degenkolb but be honest. Don't you think sagan would have won this if he was in degenkolbs position? I don't think he was stronger than greipel in this sprint but if you consider that he was in the break his sprint is just impressive.

Not sure what Degenkolb got to do with this? :confused: and no I don't think so. Greipel has beaten Sagan mano a mano several times this Tour. The other way around? Not once.

Matthews not happy with Christophe Laporte:
“There’s people doing crazy things in finals for no reason. It’s just making it unsafe for the rest of the riders. Using head and elbows and everything. It’s just not safe racing, really.
“Yeah, definitely (had a chance to win) but when riders ride crazy like this it puts too much risk in the bunch sprints. When you’re trying to sprint at 70k an hour and someone head-butts yous that makes things quite dangerous.”