• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2015 stage 20: Modane - Alpe d'Huez

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the stage tomorrow?

• Bauke Mollema

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • One of the 3 musketeers (Pinot, Bardet, Rolland)

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Vino

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Joaquim Rodriguez

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Alberto Contador

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Alejandro Valverde

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Vincenzo Nibali

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • Nairo Quintana

Votes: 82 56.2%
  • Chris Froome

Votes: 25 17.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Savant12 said:
Sky found an ally in AG2R? Froome protecting Yellow and Bardet protecting the KOM Jersey. Froome may have given a nod to Bardet that he won't challenge him for the KOM Competition unless his GC contenders tip his hand.

The problem is Froome will have to counter his opponents, and I'm afraid Bardet will not be able to follow Quintana & co. Anyway, Ag2r is not really doing Sky a favor, I think Sky would have gladly soft-pedalled the whole climb.

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
People do not understand cycling... Ag2r is not doing work for sky or is not sky ally, if peraud was not pulling at the front sky would do no work whatsoever and the group would still have all sprinters in it. Thank god ag2r are pulling.
Zero ambition from movistar to make the stage hard. froome will be rested and will not lose 2.30 to quintana. but valverde will also be rested and will not loose 1.20 to nibali

53x11 in DC said:
Hugo Koblet said:
53x11 in DC said:
Savant12 said:
Sky found an ally in AG2R? Froome protecting Yellow and Bardet protecting the KOM Jersey. Froome may have given a nod to Bardet that he won't challenge him for the KOM Competition unless his GC contenders tip his hand.

This is absolutely what is happening. Shrewd/smart move on the part of Sky.
How is ag2r an ally to Sky?

Driving the pace to discourage attacks from other top GC guys while allowing Sky to not have to burn matches on the CdF.
But Quintana isn't gonna attack from 60 km's out (I assume by "other top GC guys" you refer to Quintana?)

Re:

mspgrandi said:
People do not understand cycling... Ag2r is not doing work for sky or is not sky ally, if peraud was not pulling at the front sky would do no work whatsoever and the group would still have all sprinters in it. Thank god ag2r are pulling.
Zero ambition from movistar to make the stage hard. froome will be rested and will not lose 2.30 to quintana. but valverde will also be rested and will not loose 1.20 to nibali
Exactly. Sky doesn't need an ally and I highly doubt any kind of deal has been made. After all, Froome rode for KOM points yesterday.

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I am surprised Tinkoff / Contador do not do anything. I guess Contador is cooked, cant take it anymore..

Movistar... wow no words, so bad ... so poor

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Re:

mspgrandi said:

ag2r is most certainly working with sky today. Smart move for both

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

rick james said:
ITV Cycling ‏@itvcycling 5s5 seconds ago
Reports that spectators near Alpe d'Huez already being very aggressive towards Team Sky, trying to board their support vehicle #TDF2015

Oh dear. I do hope nothing bad happens today.

Why don't Sky just try some simple PR work ? Handing out 1,000 Sky caps and T-shirts at each stage would do wonders to boost their popularity. They have deep pockets don't they ?

Re:

mspgrandi said:
I am surprised Tinkoff / Contador do not do anything. I guess Contador is cooked, cant take it anymore..

Movistar... wow no words, so bad ... so poor

I think it's been said a few times that Contador has remarked he's "done" and it's Majka given rope to do something today. Scarponi starts to wind it up

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Thank god for Nibali... without him pyrenees and alps would have been dull as a dishwasher...put the team on tourmalet, made reace hard on the alps .Vincenzo nibali true winner , true champion

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
53x11 in DC said:
Hugo Koblet said:
53x11 in DC said:
Savant12 said:

Driving the pace to discourage attacks from other top GC guys while allowing Sky to not have to burn matches on the CdF.
But Quintana isn't gonna attack from 60 km's out (I assume by "other top GC guys" you refer to Quintana?)
He's not taking 2:30 from Froome in AdH, so sky is obviously looking to eliminate the possibility of attacks on the CdF. Memories appear to be short. Contador and Purito inThe Vuelta a few years back ring a bell??

Re:

I can't imagine a bit of PR would help.

"Excuse me gents. Rather than pee on my wheels would you like a cap? "

Frankly they would probably burn them. Idiots - anybody with that kind of lunacy need taking off the mountain forthwith.

53x11 in DC said:
Hugo Koblet said:
53x11 in DC said:
Hugo Koblet said:
53x11 in DC said:

He's not taking 2:30 from Froome in AdH, so sky is obviously looking to eliminate the possibility of attacks on the CdF. Memories appear to be short. Contador and Purito inThe Vuelta a few years back ring a bell??
No, I agree that's he's not.

TRENDING THREADS