• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2015 stage 20: Modane - Alpe d'Huez

Page 49 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the stage tomorrow?

• Bauke Mollema

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • One of the 3 musketeers (Pinot, Bardet, Rolland)

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Vino

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Joaquim Rodriguez

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Alberto Contador

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Alejandro Valverde

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Vincenzo Nibali

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • Nairo Quintana

Votes: 82 56.2%
  • Chris Froome

Votes: 25 17.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This was Portes exact statement. He makes it sound like he's been sick the whole race, but I think he just means Froome's been sick same time as himself.

“Obviously, the last three weeks have really taken a toll on him [Chris Froome], and truth be known, I don’t think he’s really been that healthy either. It’s testament to how hard he is mentally, and it’s a little bit worrying knowing that next year I’ll be taking him on.”

Re: Re:

VeloNews said:
He may have this year’s race all but won, but Froome said he expects Quintana to be back next year pushing him hard again. “He’s young, he’s very strong and has a great mentality. He races hard, and at the right times,” said Froome.
Anybody else catch that little nugget? I'm not a trying to start stuff up but there seemed to be a little sideways shade thrown about. No love lost, huh.

carton said:
VeloNews said:
He may have this year’s race all but won, but Froome said he expects Quintana to be back next year pushing him hard again. “He’s young, he’s very strong and has a great mentality. He races hard, and at the right times,” said Froome.
Anybody else catch that little nugget? I'm not a trying to start stuff up but there seemed to be a little sideways shade thrown about. No love lost, huh.

How in the world could you read this as anything other than a compliment for his tactical sense?

bassano said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Froome won the Tour in Zeeland, without it he would have been 9 seconds behind
Perhaps, but without the first 10 stages, Pauwels would have won the Tour by 1 minute and 54 seconds.

Totally useless information, I do not really understand why you are replying that nonsense to interesting info on which I say only it is a pitty because Quintana could won it
Pauwels would never gain time if he was in GC close to top, quintana gained all by himself
Lol it should be pretty clear what the purpose of the post was.

spalco said:
carton said:
VeloNews said:

How in the world could you read this as anything other than a compliment for his tactical sense?
I don't know, Froome has been making a little noise about when it's sportsmanlike to race and when it's not. But yeah, maybe there's nothing there but curious phrasing.

I hope they are not drunk,there's still one stage left :D

rogers-kreuziger-nibali-sagan-oss-quinziato ...etc

CKyIDC8WUAAbSHy.jpg

irondan said:
mspgrandi said:
**** l' alpe d huez, mountain stages should be designed without flat sections in between.. flat section kills the race. We had the greatest stage in our hands but obvioulsy quintana valverde cant bury themself for 30km in the flat. Nibali for example yesterday stayed 60km on his own because it was up and down until the end. no more flat sections please
How would you propose they get from one climb to the other? Are all the climbs in France linked by other climbs?
+1. LOL.

And the flat today was around 10 km. They were caught before the descent even started.

DBotero said:
I'm really happy for Froome winning this Tour.Kinda surprised by this bad performance today,but Poels and Little Richie were amazing,great support.Superb ride for Quintana he really gave his all today.Alejandro also today really impressive and he got his fully deserved podium.

Three days ago, I would have expected Froome to go all out for the win on the final mountain stage. It's a sort of badge of honour for the yellow jersey holder to win it. However, on the second day in the Alps, on the final climb he was struggling to hold the wheels at the top of the climb (OK his acceleration is not great) and he was on the defensive yesterday, so I wasn't surprised that the balance of power changed in Nairo's favour. However, over the 3 weeks Froome is a deserved winner, although Nairo pushed him close in the end. Of course, his team played a big role, G above all, but Porte and Poels came good when the chips were down.

Great start and finish to the race, although the middle section lacked the same tension. Still, for a Tour this was pretty good.

Richeypen said:
SergeDeM said:
Cool stage in the end. Froome got saved today by the strength of his team. Froome was probably the best rider, but he definitely had the best team.
Quintana will be back, and if he gets a Tour without PSM level temperatures, I'd say he's more likely to win one than not.

This tour was made for him though.
Not really. Just because there was no ITT it does not mean that it was made for him. The entire week one was not made for him. He could have lost a lot more time in that week that in one single ITT alone.

Escarabajo said:
TMP402 said:
Valverde crying hard at reaching the podium. I wonder what he'd have done if he'd won the race.

http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/tour-de-francia/tdp-declas-valverde-250715/3227111/?media=tve
Wow!
Now I understand why he protected so much!!!

Chapeau to Froome on his Tour De France victory; he was the best rider over the three weeks. Well done yet again to Richie for being such a super dooper domestique.

Kudos to Quintana for fighting all the way to the finish. And he didn't just climb well, if we remember back to the ITT, and the way that he rode over the cobbles.

I even have to say that Valverde deserves his TDF podium.

But perhaps I am just mellowing in my older age :D

Hayabusa said:
If the echelon never happened you can not say for sure that Quintana would have won, that is a fact and the point being made that flew over your head.

Tactics and outcomes of all following stages would have been different so no telling who would have won. It is all speculation.

ofc it is speculation I never said it is not but replying by non sense like that? that was only trolling

TRENDING THREADS