• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2015 Stage 21: Sèvres › Paris 109.5k

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Re:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Kristoff top 3 and I am happy (even if Cav wins by 3 bike lengths). And if he (Kristoff) doesnt, Cav also shall not... then I am happy too.

Kristoff was on a tremendously constant relax mode to have all the energy left for a powerful sprint: 156-157-157-159 in the last four stages. So far so good :)

Perfect. Super. Sensational. Happy.

Re:

SeriousSam said:
Cav is done at the top level. Time to go to the team of the has beens at MTN
I'm not sure of that, watch the overhead again, Cav doesn't even sprint yet still goes past quite a few of the sprinters. He simply gave up since he was in a *** position.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

thequestionmark said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Coquard was by far the fastest, but had to come from way too far. Really ****
Lol. Without Greipel's slipstream he would have been slower.
It's the same with Sagan. All those people thinking he was actually stronger than Greipel at previous stages because he closed quicker after coming out of the windstill vacuum the huge and imposing figure of the Gorilla imposes.

Re: Re:

SeriousSam said:
thequestionmark said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Coquard was by far the fastest, but had to come from way too far. Really ****
Lol. Without Greipel's slipstream he would have been slower.
It's the same with Sagan. All those people thinking he was actually stronger than Greipel at previous stages because he closed quicker after coming out of the windstill vacuum the huge and imposing figure of the Gorilla imposes.
It was a different situation with sagan because there were stages where he was centimeters behind greipel although he worked hard for contador (like stage 2)

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Bad tour for me. Amongst other negative things only 1 stage win for cav :(, he was definitely outclassed this tour but it was not by some young hot shot next best thing. It was by an older gorilla. Greipel has had an incredible tour and its a credit to him. B

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Atrocious filming on the French TV, as usual for the Champs-Elysées, with the side view of the sprint.
Ooghe (the TV director) is happy to play with his tools, while we're missing on the race...

Happy to see that Devolder is ok, it looked bad for a moment.
He, like Oliveira, was close to complete the 21 stages unnoticed. But he did finish on a bang.