• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2015 Stage 9: Vannes-Plumelec 28 km TTT

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Exciting finish. Top 5 contenders' teams are top 5 teams. Not huge differences but the consistent trend is Contador losing seconds to Froome. Looks good for Quintana with only mountains to go; looks good for Tejay but how much can he hold on? All told, an entertaining opening act to the Tour, sets the table for the mountains. I'm ready to watch (although I reserve the right to turn it off in disgust if it just turns into a one-sided Froome romp a la 2013).

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Froome to win this tour now. Nibs toast, going to be a fight just to reach podium. Same for Contador. Quintana wishes he wasn't two minutes down, or he would be in perfect position.

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Contador is getting those legs ready... He was in beast mode on that climb. All that no-racing in June, besides putting Quintana on his place, is paying off.

One rest day and he will glue himself to Froome's wheel until 2Km to go, until he does what he did at the Vuelta.

Re: Re:

Jelantik said:
TheQuick said:
I hate **** loser Roche how cost me money, It's was a sure bet that Sky was going to win if the loser Roche just could hang on.

on hindsight.. who else left as the 5th rider? Poehls already gone mid climb... so he is the looser too. At least Roche hangs on.

I read Sky planned to drop Roche, Rowe, Stannard and Kennaugh. Instead it seemed like Poels was dropped and not Roche. So they probably shouldn't have used up Kennaugh so early.