• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2015 Stage 9: Vannes-Plumelec 28 km TTT

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Califootman said:
Anyone know how the TTT results factor into the Team Competition standings? Is it just the straight time difference between the teams (based on rider #5 over the line), or 3x that difference, or the actual times of the top 3 riders from each team?

(And, yes, I know the correct answer is, "Who cares about the Team Competition?")
Time difference on the day multiplied by 5.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Miburo said:
saganftw said:
a chain is as strong as its weakest link...so who is the strongest 5th cyclist on each team?

Saxo has rogers, sagan, contador, majka and kreuziger :D
Mick probably the weakest link for the final hill... still damn good.
Majka needs to stick with the team else they'll have to drag Bennati up the climb :eek:

Majka was resting up for this, he'll be really good. The guys knows what he's doing.

1. Orica-GreenEdge - 15:00
2. Bretagne-Séché Environnement - 15:05
3. Lampre-Merida - 15:10
4. FDJ - 15:15
5. Team Europcar - 15:20
6. Bora-Argon 18 - 15:25
7. Lotto-Soudal - 15:30
8. IAM Cycling - 15:35
9. MTN-Qhubeka - 15:40
10. Team LottoNL-Jumbo - 15:45
11. Trek Factory Racing - 15:50
12. Astana - 15:55
13. Team Cannondale-Garmin - 16:00
14. Cofidis - 16:05
15. Team Katusha - 16:10
16. Movistar Team - 16:15
17. Team Giant-Alpecin - 16:20
18. Ag2r La Mondiale - 16:25
19. Etixx-Quick Step - 16:30
20. Tinkoff-Saxo - 16:35
21. BMC Racing Team - 16:40
22. Team Sky - 16:45

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
1-sky (Froome, porte, G, kennaugh, konig, poels, roche) incredible team for this terrain.
2-bmc at around 15s
3-etixx 25s(despite no Martin still à very strong team)

Tikoff around 50s (not a great team but Alberto might be able to tow them along if not around 1,30 min)
Astana around 1 min 20 ( good team but nibali weak will slow them down)
Movistar 2-2,30min (weak team especially with dowsett not great and Quintana to weak will slow team down).

Re:

Ramon Koran said:
1-sky (Froome, porte, G, kennaugh, konig, poels, roche) incredible team for this terrain.
2-bmc at around 15s

Tikoff around 50s (not a great team but Alberto might be able to tow them along if not around 1,30 min)
This is funny because Alberto is like the 5th best TTTer on that team.

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Ramon Koran said:
2-bmc at around 15s

This is funny because Alberto is like the 5th best TTTer on that team.
On flat yes but on this terrain Contador is best in team and top 5 in world. Rogers is good flat, sagan ok but majka no, bennati flat ok poor hills, basso awful, kreuziger can be good can be bad for me depends on Alberto forme.

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Personally BMC look the best on the paper obvious but seeing astana's TT in the dauphine almost same squad only 5 sec behind and add fuglesang and krangert which is obv a uppgrade + that this course is more up and down which also suits astana more than BMC I would be surprised if astana doesnt do very well here. Also high hopes for saxo and moviestar + sky can also obvious do very well tbh it comes down to whos the freshest which is imo very hard to predict.

For me top 5:

Astana
Tinkov
BMC
Moviestar
Sky

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Vino to finally unchain the wolves, ok that's probably just wishful thinking.
BMC should be the favourites, Tinkoff to finish on the podium, I don't really now what I should expect from Sky.

TRENDING THREADS