• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2017 Stage 17: La Mure > Serre-Chevalier 183k

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Re:

jsem94 said:
I can't stand listening to Flecha. Quality rider, but Eurosport should hire someone else for this...
Are they still showing those horrible recons during the crucial final kms, like they did during the Giro?

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Oh I'm so glad that the TDF is (also) broadcasted on national television in the Netherlands. No commercial breaks, Flecha recons, key moments of the stage that nobody cares about in the finale or other editing tricks that some trainee seems to be trying out.

Re:

wouterkaas said:
Oh I'm so glad that the TDF is (also) broadcasted on national television in the Netherlands. No commercial breaks, Flecha recons, key moments of the stage that nobody cares about in the finale or other editing tricks that some trainee seems to be trying out.
I gladly take all those breaks + José Been and Karsten Kroon as commentators. Ducrot and Dijkstra make me wish I was deaf.

Re:

Eclipse said:
Praying this day delivers.

There's a danger they'll just mark each other today, because they need to keep something in reserve for the MTF tomorrow, which will virtually guarantee gaps, vs today where any gaps on the Galibier could be eaten up on the descent. I would have run the two stages in the opposite order.