• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2017 Stage 17: La Mure > Serre-Chevalier 183k

Christian Prudhomme's comment

Climbers battling it out for the Yellow Jersey will have two more days to express themselves, to change the outcome or comfort a decent lead and gain precious time. Heading towards Serre-Chevalier, we will give them the most prestigious of what the Alps has to offer: the Col de la Croix de Fer and then the Galibier back after a 6-year absence, going up the Télégraphe. It's now up to them.

CARTE.jpg

PROFIL.png

Km 30.0 - Col d'Ornon 5.1 kilometre-long climb at 6.7% - category 2
Km 78.5 - Col de la Croix de Fer (2 067 m) 24 kilometre-long climb at 5.2% - category H
Km 132.5 - Col du Télégraphe (1 566 m) 11.9 kilometre-long climb at 7.1% - category 1
Km 155.0 - Col du Galibier (2 642 m) Souvenir Henri Desgrange 17.7 kilometre-long climb at 6.9% - category H

Col-dOrnon_Entraigues.jpg

PROFILCOLSCOTES_1.png

PROFILCOLSCOTES_2.png

Galibier over Télégraphe... Sounds like a message.

Re: Tour de France 2017 Stage 17: La Mure > Serre-Chevalier

This could potentially be epic. I hope there will be some early moves and only a very small peloton going into the Telegraphe. And then we will have to hope that Aru, Bardet and Uran have found out how to attack. If everyone waits for the last kilometer of the Galibier I'll probably destroy my TV.

Gigs_98 said:
This could potentially be epic. I hope there will be some early moves and only a very small peloton going into the Telegraphe. And then we will have to hope that Aru, Bardet and Uran have found out how to attack. If everyone waits for the last kilometer of the Galibier I'll probably destroy my TV.
so don't you mind froome attacking?

seriously im expecting another draw with froome, bardet, aru and uran finishing with same time.

dacooley said:
Gigs_98 said:
so don't you mind froome attacking?
I'm not a Froome fan but I'd rather watch Froome going over the Galibier two minutes in front of everyone else after a brutal attack than no attacks at all. I don't like the outcome of todays echelons stage as well, but I'm still happy that there were echelons and not a controlled sprint out of a 150 men peloton.

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Head wind won't be very strong, just the typical going down a valley thing. Shouldn't be much of an issue. Still tomorrow's stage isn't the one were a solo rider should be able to go alone, more likely what will happen is that there will be attacks between the top guys and several smaller groups or even pairings will end up cooperating in the descent.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
There is a little chance for rain tomorrow and a bigger chance for Thursday . With that in mind maybe the last descent can offer something.

I hope Bardet or Uran can do something to shake Froome , just a little of course..:)

A shame that Astana do not have a strong team in this Tour. None the less, I fully expect AG2R to drive a hard pace on one of the climbs. Aru and Bardet will both attack at one point, hopefully from kinda far out. Uran has not attacked yet and I don't expect him to start now, he might lose some time. Contador will also try something. Really hope AG2R have a good ride as they have a good chance to isolate Froome. If Froome is somehow isolated on the Galibier, it could be where the Tour is won or lost. Aru will win this stage.

Gigs_98 said:

Does that mean you won't be able to watch on Thursday? :p

Stage was basically done already in 1993...huge gaps that year. Glandon, T & G...

1. Tony Rominger 5:28:52
2. Alvaro Mejia
3. Miguel Indurain
4. Andy Hampsten 1:13
5. Zenon Jaskula
6. Erik Breukink 3:32
7. Oliviero Rincon
8. Richard Virenque 4:35
9. Roberto Conti
10. Javier Mauleon

TRENDING THREADS