• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2017 stage 2: Düsseldorf - Liége 203,5 km

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the stage?

• Marcel Kittel

Votes: 65 57.0%
  • Peter Sagan

Votes: 13 11.4%
  • André Greipel

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Arnaud Demare

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • Nacer Bouhanni

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Mark Cavendish

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Dylan Groenewegen

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • John Degenkolb

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Alexander Kristoff

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • other

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Re:

Vasilis said:
Red Rick said:
Krokro said:
Boredom again. Kittel/Froome snoozefest. Can't wait to watch a real GT again in August. UCI has to act quickly, i don't like this cycling at all.
Dutch commentators were discussing that the ASO don't even want to make routes for exciting racing, they prefer not too much happening as then they can spend more time showcasing the French departments and hosting cities, so it would be better for the sponsors.
But is it really better if it stops people from watching at all because of the predictability?
The Tour is pretty immune to it because the casual fans don't watch it as actively and watch regardless of what happens.

rick james said:
Krokro said:
Boredom again. Kittel/Froome snoozefest. Can't wait to watch a real GT again in August. UCI has to act quickly, i don't like this cycling at all.
you blaming Kittel and Froome for making races boring?

Nope, they are better and Froome has been less robotic and more surprising those last years. Im blaming the lack of balance between teams and the lack of challenging stages/route sometimes.
So to conclude, I blame ASO and UCI.

Not the most beautiful cycling picture :lol:
1499017472-ddv2nxhwsaa3j5v.jpg

Jul 2, 2017
Visit site
Just cancelled my subscription to access CNBC Sports. Sorry FuboTV. In 20 minutes span while watching the TOUR. I watched 30 commercials in about 20 minutes span. Disgusted that in the US, we have less choices to watch than any other country.

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I hate crashes but my god that photo is golden. :lol:

Bardet and Froome with great expressions and typical Geraint just nonchalantly trying to start a mexican wave or something in the background.

Re:

deValtos said:
I hate crashes but my god that photo is golden. :lol:

Bardet and Froome with great expressions and typical Geraint just nonchalantly trying to start a mexican wave or something in the background.
Yes that picture is awesome, the look on their faces is hilarious. It helps that they made it through the stage OK though.

Looks like Froome has his leg rigid, stretched out towards the kerb he is sliding towards: could have been nasty. I'm always surprised that broken wrists are not a far more common injury: the three most clearly seen riders in that pi have done the natural thing of putting a hand out.

Otherwise, that photo is just asking for a caption competition.

Re:

Armchair cyclist said:
Looks like Froome has his leg rigid, stretched out towards the kerb he is sliding towards: could have been nasty. I'm always surprised that broken wrists are not a far more common injury: the three most clearly seen riders in that pi have done the natural thing of putting a hand out.

Well, there is one ;)
https://twitter.com/chrisfroome/status/881579216680235009

rick james said:
LaFlorecita said:
Contador had a similar crash in last year's first stage and the road wasn't wet IIRC
they took this sweeping bit of road to fast for the wet weather, that's all it was, too fast for the wet conditions, i'm sure bertie's crash last year his wheel just went from him under him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8xpCnjKV1U
Both a case of a slip of the wheel. Seems like a very similar situation. Just shows it can happen in any type of weather.

Vasilis said:
Armchair cyclist said:

Well, there is one ;)
https://twitter.com/chrisfroome/status/881579216680235009

best one
fatguy-slipandslide-cool-sliding-chill-1327966520c.gif

LaFlorecita said:
rick james said:
LaFlorecita said:
Contador had a similar crash in last year's first stage and the road wasn't wet IIRC
they took this sweeping bit of road to fast for the wet weather, that's all it was, too fast for the wet conditions, i'm sure bertie's crash last year his wheel just went from him under him

Both a case of a slip of the wheel. Seems like a very similar situation. Just shows it can happen in any type of weather.
except todays crash would have never have happened on dry roads

rick james said:
LaFlorecita said:
rick james said:
LaFlorecita said:

except todays crash would have never have happened on dry roads
My point is you can't know. And on dry roads riders are usually less careful.