• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2017 Stage 20:Marseille > Marseille22.5KM

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

bigcog said:
Red Rick said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Red Rick said:
Sky screwed Landa by making Kwiatkowski pull on the way to Foix. Big shame. Froome's mvp's both get no reward today.

And the scary thing is that Henao was terrible, Nieve broke down in the 3rd week and that Thomas crashed out, and still it was never in doubt.

Also have the feeling Dumoulin would have utterly crushed everyone today. :eek:
Annihalation nation

We may find out next year, if the ASO have the balls to put decent ITT's in the route, doubt it with Bardet being there.

They will not put any decent ITT's with french GC riders being so consistently godawful

bigcog said:
Red Rick said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Red Rick said:
Sky screwed Landa by making Kwiatkowski pull on the way to Foix. Big shame. Froome's mvp's both get no reward today.

And the scary thing is that Henao was terrible, Nieve broke down in the 3rd week and that Thomas crashed out, and still it was never in doubt.

Annihalation nation

We may find out next year, if the ASO have the balls to put decent ITT's in the route, doubt it with Bardet being there.

They will be longer than this year I think but also with more MTFs.

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
Pricey_sky said:
LaFlorecita said:
Pricey_sky said:
luckyboy said:
Man Contador was fastest on the climb by 8 seconds! https://twitter.com/velofacts/status/888783102604185600

Great effort, but then blew up badly in the last few K's. He just doesn't seem to have the endurance any more.
Don't think he blew. He was 13s behind at the first split so 21s in last part which was more technical isn't a huge surprise.

Yes that's a fair point, either way a super TT by Alberto, will he ride the Vuelta?
Not decided yet as far as I know but latest I've heard seems to indicate he isn't likely to start

He has to ride the Vuelta, his form is moving in the right direction. The other GC guys except Froome finished poorly today. It is possible that he started the Tour too undercooked.

Re:

ontheroad said:
This time 6 years ago at 26, Chris Froome had the Anatomic Jock race and a 4th overall in the Herald Sun Tour on his palmares. Sky were offering his services to other teams. Now he is a 4 time tour winner of the tour. Has there ever been a more meteoric rise in the sport.

NO and I've been watching a Long time.....

LaFlorecita said:
Pricey_sky said:
LaFlorecita said:
Pricey_sky said:
luckyboy said:
Man Contador was fastest on the climb by 8 seconds! https://twitter.com/velofacts/status/888783102604185600

Great effort, but then blew up badly in the last few K's. He just doesn't seem to have the endurance any more.
Don't think he blew. He was 13s behind at the first split so 21s in last part which was more technical isn't a huge surprise.

Yes that's a fair point, either way a super TT by Alberto, will he ride the Vuelta?
Not decided yet as far as I know but latest I've heard seems to indicate he isn't likely to start

I suppose if his plan next year is the Giro it makes sense to rest up and be fresh for the start of next year.

Carols said:
ontheroad said:
This time 6 years ago at 26, Chris Froome had the Anatomic Jock race and a 4th overall in the Herald Sun Tour on his palmares. Sky were offering his services to other teams. Now he is a 4 time tour winner of the tour. Has there ever been a more meteoric rise in the sport.

NO and I've been watching a Long time.....

Maybe the second place in the 2011 Vuelta made them take notice.

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Would be better to finish a TT in an athletics stadium, might be able to squeeze a proper velo track in there and give the crowd a reason to be there

barely 5k inside

movingtarget said:
bigcog said:
Red Rick said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Red Rick said:

Annihalation nation

They will be longer than this year I think but also with more MTFs.

Only if they think Froome is on the decline ..

bigcog said:
rstrasser said:
I love watching the tour de france. I just wish the world tour teams had a required budget range so that all teams were competing with same budget. The Tour de France especially looks like a stage race that greatly depends on a really strong team overall in order to go for gc. I applaud Chris Froome's accomplishments hugely, but his team as a whole is so much stronger than the others, and their budget is as well.

Sky's budget is similar to Movistar and other teams aren't far off it.

It's not even close, Movistar barely have half a budget Sky has

TommyGun said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Red Rick said:

I never had the feeling this was outside of Froome's control.

Tom is not in the Tour, just pipe it down please, you sound like a broken record!
Pff I only mentioned him like once or twice. Not half as bad als Valv. Piti repeating everyday that Valverde would have won the Tour. And I didn't hear you complaining then. So do not be a hypocrite