• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2017 stage 6: Vesoul > Troyes - 216 km

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who is going to win the stage?

• Arnaud Demare

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • André Greipel

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Marcel Kittel

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Nacer Bouhanni

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Dylan Groenewegen

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Michael Matthews

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexander Kristoff

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Ben Swift

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • None of the above

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Vino-option

Votes: 9 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Re:

Tonton said:
Son of Amsterhammer said:
Wow. Demare likes to test himself against the barriers doesn't he? I thought we were in for something horrible again for a split second.
And that's what's so amazing: how, in general, they avoid crashes in those finishes. It's utter chaos. They don't hold back. Just partaking in a sprint like this shows a big set of...,

Sure, Démare hasn't been by far the most insane both today and Tuesday.... :rolleyes:

He certainly tests his rivals' bike handling skills...

trucido said:
Irondan said:
trucido said:
Irondan said:
deValtos said:
Lol Demare did not get the memo about dangerous sprinting ....

Why is this guy here and Sagans not. :rolleyes:
This^^^^^^

The bias is obvious.
So ?

Who care's?

The point is that the sprint was no different than stage four.

Perhaps it wasn't clear, but I was actually agreeing with you here. :)
:D

Irondan said:
When Kittel has a clear flat path in front of him he's unbeatable right now.
A healthy Cav and maybe even Gaviria could steal one on him on sheer timing. Or perhaps Demare on one of those bowling-ball sprints he's been perfecting. But given a clear shot and a flat finish he's a champion among men atm.

TOZ

Jul 6, 2017
Visit site
17:40:41 CEST

Bouhanni was not happy to lose out. He seemed fast but couldn't find a way through.

"You can all wait, but I'm not going to talk," he shouted to the media waiting for him at the Cofidis team bus

Did anyone else see this from CN live feed?

Wish I was able to watch on the tube.

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Becasue of antisagan points system change from 2015 Demare lost today against Kittel 20 points instead of 10 poinsts according to the previous poinsts system. With the previous points system Demare would probably win the green jersey. It should hit Sagan and now it hits the french rider. What a irony. Podium standings are premium standings and should get premium points. Good job ASO.

Re:

TOZ said:
17:40:41 CEST

Bouhanni was not happy to lose out. He seemed fast but couldn't find a way through.

"You can all wait, but I'm not going to talk," he shouted to the media waiting for him at the Cofidis team bus

Did anyone else see this from CAN live feed?

Wish I was able to watch on the tube.

I've noticed that it's difficult for him to find (and eventually exploit) openings, causing him to lose momentum/speed. (Of course one can argue, that if he was strong enough, he would just fly away from everyone, but I still think there's something about it)

And does he always sprint seated?

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
Re:

animir said:
Becasue of antisagan points system change from 2015 Demare lost today against Kittel 20 points instead of 10 poinsts according to the previous poinsts system. With the previous points system Demare would probably win the green jersey. It should hit Sagan and now it hits the french rider. What a irony. Podium standings are premium standings and should get premium points. Good job ASO.

Kittel is too bad in uphill for win the green jersey...

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
I saw someone get hit by a spectator in the last few kms and his teammate giving the spectator the finger. Might've been a Lotto Soudal rider.

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

swissfr said:
animir said:

Have you seen the route?

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Re:

animir said:

Honestly, I am not quite sure about the real value (not the historical value) of the green jersey in a competition when the best has been made to quit ...... it's a bit like the french open with Nadal not participating .....

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site

deValtos said:
swissfr said:
animir said:

Have you seen the route?

After the Stage 11, Kittel will not be able to win a stage. Maybe Salon de Provence if it's in a good day.

swissfr said:
deValtos said:
swissfr said:
animir said:

Have you seen the route?

After the Stage 11, Kittel will not be able to win a stage. Maybe Salon de Provence if it's in a good day.

There is this thing in Paris.

deValtos said:
Have you seen the route?
Apparently not.
Frankschleck said:
not good by dimension data, edvald was at the front all of the last 600 meters
He was trying for a Cancellara. Or a Gaviria if you're of a more recent vintage. Or a Hinault ...

Those hardly work out. But hey, there's a moment there were the sprint gets jumbled. It beats going mano a mano against Kittel.

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site

swissfr said:
animir said:

But he will get enough advantage from flat stages because of the changed points system.