• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2019 stage 17: Pont du Gard > Gap 200 km

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
Outrageous decision to dsq Martin and Rowe. But I guess two of Pinot and Alaphilippe's main rivals now have one domestique less for help...

I wonder why they disqualified Rowe. For me it looked like he didn't do anything at all but be blocked.

After his ridiculous Flanders DSQ last year he must really feel hard done by.

Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
Cance > TheRest said:
Outrageous decision to dsq Martin and Rowe. But I guess two of Pinot and Alaphilippe's main rivals now have one domestique less for help...

I wonder why they disqualified Rowe. For me it looked like he didn't do anything at all but be blocked.

From the looks of it, he punched/hit Martin on the back after being blocked.

Good riddance I says.

Re:

RedheadDane said:
I'm in two-minds regarding Asgreen.
Yes; it would be cool if he won - especially after all the work he's been doing - but, eh... I kind of think DQ has enough victories, and... I like things to be fair. Or at least as fair as possible.

What does “fair” men in the context of sport? The strongest, luckiest and most clever win, your comment makes no sense at all. Unless you’re talking budget or clinic related stuff.

hrotha said:
tobydawq said:
Cance > TheRest said:

Good riddance I says.

Yeah, I have seen it now (I hadn't noticed it before at all). Totally fair expulsion. Martin's seems a bit harsh.

Meanwhile at Ineos and Jumbo

EAMDuFEXsAAKrpx.jpg:large

tobydawq said:
hrotha said:
tobydawq said:
Cance > TheRest said:

Good riddance I says.

Yeah, I have seen it now (I hadn't noticed it before at all). Totally fair expulsion. Martin's seems a bit harsh.

Stupid decision, complete over reaction

wheresmybrakes said:
So using UCI regulations got those 2 got thrown out the race but MAL got away with more or less bludgeoning a fan at the side of the road in the GIRO. They're trying their best for a French winner in this race :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do know the juries are made up of different people (none of them French at the Tour), and that rules are open to personal interpretation? It's not at all remarkable that different juries have different criteria.

I guess it's easier and more convenient to blame some conspiracy theory or THE FRENCH rather than ask why Rowe and Martin did what they did.

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Fair decision. Rowe first did a body check on Kruijswijk and then tried to hit Martin. Also Martin shouldn't try to push Rowe into the crowd and is it fair that he is disqualified.

hrotha said:
wheresmybrakes said:
So using UCI regulations got those 2 got thrown out the race but MAL got away with more or less bludgeoning a fan at the side of the road in the GIRO. They're trying their best for a French winner in this race :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do know the juries are made up of different people (none of them French at the Tour), and that rules are open to personal interpretation? It's not at all remarkable that different juries have different criteria.

I guess it's easier and more convenient to blame some conspiracy theory or THE FRENCH rather than ask why Rowe and Martin did what they did.

Out of interest, where did he blame the French in his post?

Hayabusa said:
hrotha said:
wheresmybrakes said:

Out of interest, where did he blame the French in his post?
If we're going to get absurdly and overly literal, I said "blame some conspiracy theory or THE FRENCH", so he doesn't need to be blaming the French himself for my post to apply.

But if they're trying their best for a French winner, you'd think there's some Frenchmen somewhere exerting some degree of pressure to that end, providing an incentive for the UCI or otherwise boosting the Tour's commercial ratings and being the reason a French winner would be desirable.

TRENDING THREADS