Tour de France 2019 stage 5 St D -Vosges - Colmar 175.5km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Keram said:
What is Bora doing exactly? Pulling for Sagan or maybe Schachmann to bridge the gap? No need to hold breakaway on such short leash.
They need to have them in a leash as Wellens can't have 2 big a gap for the next climbs or the tempo might be to hard for Sagan.

So tonight’s TV like every night so far this week will be, watch the breakaway being formed then fast forward till the last 40k....as soon as I see the race threads at only 4 or 5 pages I know it’s dull

Clarke has a good combination of uphill, downhill, flat and sprint skills to win a stage like this from a break. This is very similar stage to the Vuelta one he won last year.

I've realised that, for some reason, if EF puts a right man into the breakaway, other teams are chasing, but if there's a break without an EF rider on a typical breakaway stage, the breakaway goes away with ease. Vuelta 2018 being an exception.

Mar 6, 2011
Re:

Anderis said:
Clarke has a good combination of uphill, downhill, flat and sprint skills to win a stage like this from a break. This is very similar stage to the Vuelta one he won last year.

I've realised that, for some reason, if EF puts a right man into the breakaway, other teams are chasing, but if there's a break without an EF rider on a typical breakaway stage, the breakaway goes away with ease. Vuelta 2018 being an exception.
A proton wide vendetta against Johnny Vaughters!

Re: Tour de France 2019 stage 5 St D -Vosges - Colmar 175.5k

Really curious whether this work by bora and sunweb will pay off. I mean there just have to be too many moves to control on the last two climbs, right? Every stagehunter would be stupid to let this opportunity slip away

ASK THE COMMUNITY