• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2019 stage 5 St D -Vosges - Colmar 175.5km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Clarke has a good combination of uphill, downhill, flat and sprint skills to win a stage like this from a break. This is very similar stage to the Vuelta one he won last year.

I've realised that, for some reason, if EF puts a right man into the breakaway, other teams are chasing, but if there's a break without an EF rider on a typical breakaway stage, the breakaway goes away with ease. Vuelta 2018 being an exception.

Re:

Anderis said:
Clarke has a good combination of uphill, downhill, flat and sprint skills to win a stage like this from a break. This is very similar stage to the Vuelta one he won last year.

I've realised that, for some reason, if EF puts a right man into the breakaway, other teams are chasing, but if there's a break without an EF rider on a typical breakaway stage, the breakaway goes away with ease. Vuelta 2018 being an exception.

A proton wide vendetta against Johnny Vaughters!

Re: Tour de France 2019 stage 5 St D -Vosges - Colmar 175.5k

Really curious whether this work by bora and sunweb will pay off. I mean there just have to be too many moves to control on the last two climbs, right? Every stagehunter would be stupid to let this opportunity slip away

TRENDING THREADS