• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2019

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Well, that's one of the "likely" Danes out. Cofidis lineup:

- Jesus Herrada (Spanien)
- Christophe Laporte (Frankrig)
- Nicolas Edet (Frankrig)
- Anthony Perez (Frankrig)
- Julien Simon (Frankrig)
- Pierre-luc Périchon (Frankrig)
- Natnael Berhane (Eritrea)
- Stephane Rossetto (Frankring)

Re: Re:

RedheadDane said:
Mayomaniac said:
Laplaz said:
Bahrain-Merida:
Dennis, V. Nibali, Caruso, Colbrelli, Teuns, Tratnik, Mohoric and Garcia Cortina.
They'll ride a really strong ITT.
Imagine this team with Pozzo instead of Colbrelli supporting Nibali in a gt that is his main target, that would be a scary strong team.

Wasn't it the Giro that was Nibali's main target, though?
Yes, it was. But imagine if he had such a team with Pozzovivo instead of Colbrelli for the Giro...

Mayomaniac said:
RedheadDane said:
Mayomaniac said:
Laplaz said:
Bahrain-Merida:
Dennis, V. Nibali, Caruso, Colbrelli, Teuns, Tratnik, Mohoric and Garcia Cortina.
They'll ride a really strong ITT.
Imagine this team with Pozzo instead of Colbrelli supporting Nibali in a gt that is his main target, that would be a scary strong team.

Wasn't it the Giro that was Nibali's main target, though?
Yes, it was. But imagine if he had such a team with Pozzovivo instead of Colbrelli for the Giro...
Didn't he have a team with Pozzovivo for the Giro?

RedheadDane said:

No, RhD, no Bouhanni at the Tour in any shape.

RedheadDane said:
sir fly said:
RedheadDane said:

No, RhD, no Bouhanni at the Tour in any shape.

Huh?
The underlined piece in one of the brackets.

RedheadDane said:
sir fly said:
RedheadDane said:
sir fly said:
RedheadDane said:
Yeah, but what's that got to do with Bouhanni?
Kidding me, right?

No... "Frankring" is just a slight misspelling of "Frankrig"...
Thought you were looking for Bouhanni in the French ring.

Nah, I've been suspecting for quite a while that they wouldn't bring Bouhanni along.
A suspect Individual you seem to be, RhD.

RedheadDane said:
Sciatic said:
RedheadDane said:
Just a quick "Scandi Battle"

Norway: Five confirmed riders, one more likely.
Denmark: Seven confirmed riders, two more likely.
He-heee!

Sweden: You… just gotta stand over there in the corner.

What is it with men's pro cycling in Sweden--Latvia and Lithuania often have more racers in grand tours?

I don't know… I just like gloating. :cool:

So you are very quiet on the hockey forums? :p

I don't really understand why does Movistar keeps insisting in Amador doing the Giro-Tour. He never reached the level of the 2015 Giro again and I believe that a fresh Anacona could be a better domestique than him in the mountains.

Re:

KZD said:
I don't really understand why does Movistar keeps insisting in Amador doing the Giro-Tour. He never reached the level of the 2015 Giro again and I believe that a fresh Anacona could be a better domestique than him in the mountains.

I'm wondering if picking Amador over Anacona may have more do to with who they are planning on resigning vs who they plan on not resigning next year? Quintana had specifically said he wanted Carapaz and Anacona at the Tour. Well Carapaz responded that he wasn't going to the Tour and wanted to celebrate his Giro win before going back to training for the 2nd half of the season. More interesting is Movistar decision to leave Anacona off the team. Thus my speculation about if there is a deeper meaning in this or not.

Re:

KZD said:
No doubt, Anacona is a better climber, but thats about the only thing he can do. Amador is a great flatland domestique , good on the TTT and decent in in mountains. He has a lot more utility despite not being a good climber anymore IMO.

Valv.Piti said:
KZD said:
No doubt, Anacona is a better climber, but thats about the only thing he can do. Amador is a great flatland domestique , good on the TTT and decent in in mountains. He has a lot more utility despite not being a good climber anymore IMO.

Actually, Anacona is quite decent in the TT as well. He even rode the WC TTT with them once.

DJ Sprtsch said:
Dimension Data without Cavendish in the tour.
Valgren and Meintjes are both 27 - the rest are all 30 or older.

Edvald Boasson Hagen
Stephen Cummings
Reinardt Janse v. Rensburg
Michael Valgren
Roman Kreuziger
Giacomo Nizzolo
Ben King
Lars Bak

Thank god they didn't brink cavendish, but Lats Bak i don't really understand. Anybody Think EBH will try for Green?

TRENDING THREADS