• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 1 (Nice - Nice, 156 km)

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I just can’t get behind Pinot because he always disappoints in the GT’s. Seems like the great pretender when he should have been the great contender.

This race was a mess. Too many guys not in tip top race form due to lack of racing caused a lot of mistakes. Looked like a pinball game with bodies flying everywhere. Lucky nobody was seriously hurt. Was nice to watch the tour again but I didn’t enjoy this stage much with all the carnage. Then I have to put up with that knucklehead Liggett making wrong call after wrong call, missing names and completely missing the action or describing it incorrectly. Bloody annoying. Just dump this stooge already.

Good news for tomorrow, it's sunny in Nice and 30C, no rain in sight.

C7ZhsPW.png

I just can’t get behind Pinot because he always disappoints in the GT’s. Seems like the great pretender when he should have been the great contender.

This race was a mess. Too many guys not in tip top race form due to lack of racing caused a lot of mistakes. Looked like a pinball game with bodies flying everywhere. Lucky nobody was seriously hurt. Was nice to watch the tour again but I didn’t enjoy this stage much with all the carnage. Then I have to put up with that knucklehead Liggett making wrong call after wrong call, missing names and completely missing the action or describing it incorrectly. Bloody annoying. Just dump this stooge already.
Yeah I can't get behind Pinot cause riders keep crashing in front of him.

Props to Ineos too for doing a very good job keeping Bernal safe.

Rowe was imperious. A fabulous domestique.

Bernal doesn't look right to me. After Rowe had done a huge turn coming into the finish, Kwiato took over and Bernal was struggling to hold his wheel. He looked round at one point and knocked it off a little.

With Sivakov and Amador both hitting the deck twice, it wasn't a great day for Ineos. I wonder if LJV might test them out tomorrow.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

He's been terrible for years, not sure why he's still getting jobs. On the contrary the guy on ITV today Ned Boulting was really good, a commentator that can actually recognise riders.

Reactions: Big Doopie