• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 17 (Grenoble - Méribel Col de la Loze, 170 km)

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dumoulin right now

giphy.gif

He's always putting on a show. I still laugh about his tactics yesterdat where he followed Carapaz attack and looked as badass as ever only to blow 30s later :) They guy is hilarious. It's like his ego doesn't let him go sometimes. Still, the guy is a real champ and one of the best characters in the peloton and one of the most offensive riders in the last years.

I would have taken a break today and tried the next two stages, where I would have imagined he actually has a chance. On a stage like today, against people who can seriously climb... it would not be good for my ego to repeatedly get dropped like a stone...
But okay, your explanation sounds reasonable in itself.

Valverde and Mas are really like Miyagi and Larusso, aren't they?

This would also explain why Kung Fu Landa was always an outcast in that movie.

LOL I could roast the original post looking at the name with a joke about how at least Valverde doesn’t follow Mas off a bridge to retrieve bottles from his back pocket but I’m too passive aggressive and I like Remco too.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Why the f*ck is Alaphilippe even trying. That's 100% a make a show for the fans move to go into the break. No way in hell he can win on that final climb.
Plenty of people watching the tour are very casual viewers, so they don't realize that he really has no chance here. They'll say "at least he tried". So he's doing it for them and his image with the wider audience as a relentless attacker. Maybe he wants the super-combativité.

TRENDING THREADS