• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 19 (Bourg-en-Bresse - Champagnole, 166.5 km)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hard to say, as a lot can still happen in such stage. Bora likely trying something, break possible ... As for GC contenders, likely already focused on TT and legs still hurting from Alps. But there still is some climbing in this stage hence JV will need to be on constant alert, and to make sure Roglič finishes the stage safely.

Jumbo won't want to use much gas before the TT. Probably a good size break. Bora's tactics will probably dictate the stage result. Last chance for some of the regular break riders yet to win. Don't think Bennett will be too troubled on the stage and should hang on to win the Green jersey. Ewan is probably only interested in the Paris stage at this point. Carapaz to wrap up the KOM jersey.. Pogacar will get the White jersey. GC men will hope for a quiet day at the office. Quite a few teams still haven't won a stage and will have no hope in the TT or in Paris so it's now or never.

Last edited:
Hard to say, as a lot can still happen in such stage. Bora likely trying something, break possible ... As for GC contenders, likely already focused on TT and legs still hurting from Alps. But there still is some climbing in this stage hence JV will need to be on constant alert, and to make sure Roglič finishes the stage safely.
Yea, speaking of the G.C, any wind? I know the odds of G.C action are extremely low, but still worth taking note of.

I just saw that Lotto riders possess four of the five bottom places on GC. Considering that they only have five riders in the race it's no surprise to see them last in the team's competition. But more than 13 hours down?

That is BY FAR the largest deficit in modern times in the Tour (I checked back to the beginning of the 90s and never was it more than nine hours, but this year, NTT and Total are also more than nine and ten hours behind, respectively, and Israel have a shot as well).

I just saw that Lotto riders possess four of the five bottom places on GC. Considering that they only have five riders in the race it's no surprise to see them last in the team's competition. But more than 13 hours down?

That is BY FAR the largest deficit in modern times in the Tour (I checked back to the beginning of the 90s and never was it more than nine hours, but this year, NTT and Total are also more than nine and ten hours behind, respectively, and Israel have a shot as well).

If this was the NBA, then clearly Lotto would be ironically acused of tanking to win the lottery.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

They spent a lot of time riding with Ewan in the mountains..............

Further I would question whether DQ and Lotto will compromise Asgreen, Cavagnas and De Gendt's chances on the TT, by burning them up running down a break, which will make it even more likely a break makes it.
Dont forget there is a mountain to climb on that TT, i doubt the 3 you mention (perhaps De Gendt could do okay tho) have any chance to contest for top result anyway.

I am having a deja-vu with this comment.

TRENDING THREADS