• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 4 (Sisteron – Orcières-Merlette, 160.5 km)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I'm curious to see how Schachmann is dealing with his injury.
Wouldn't put past him winning such a stage in top shape and he didn't look too bad on Sunday.

Higuita, Alaphilippe, Roglic, Pogacar and Hirschi all have a shot in a reduced group sprint. I think Carapaz and Yates could try earlier.

Aug 31, 2020
Visit site
For me the peloton will controle until the last climb. There is a such good chance to win this stage for many leaders.
Maybe Alaphilippe if he has good legs because he doesn't have to calculate like favorites for the win.
Maybe Roglic but i am not sure his team wants the yellow jersey so early in the Tour.
Or Pogacar if he is in a good mood.
(Is someone could give me good pages on twitter to follow Cyclism in UK ?! Thanks :))

I don't really see it that way, or also what one thing has to do with the other. Carapaz has the perfect sense to anticipate the right time to attack on a climb like this, and that someone steals bonus seconds from the competitors, is the best thing Bernal can hope for today.

One thing is for sure, aint no way Roglic is giving Carapaz any time if he can do anything about it.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I definately see a two-race-in-one for Stage 4.
I.e. a breakaway to get home. And with the GC contenders to battle for it at last climb.
Though its been some decades ago, I've actually done the climb to Merlette. Not hard at all.
If breakaway has +2mins at the buttom of last climb, they're safe, or at least the attacker of the group is.

Reactions: Pantani_lives
For me the peloton will controle until the last climb. There is a such good chance to win this stage for many leaders.
Maybe Alaphilippe if he has good legs because he doesn't have to calculate like favorites for the win.
Maybe Roglic but i am not sure his team wants the yellow jersey so early in the Tour.
Or Pogacar if he is in a good mood.
(Is someone could give me good pages on twitter to follow Cyclism in UK ?! Thanks :))

I agree. I've ridden the Orcieres climb -- it's perfect for someone to go with 3 km left if they are feeling strong, but hard for a GC hope to gain 20 seconds on Alaphilippe.

My money would be on a non GC hope who is still with the main group, which will probably be pretty big at the base of the climb.

Reactions: Pithek
on Sunday I didn't have the impression that there's much he can do at the moment. When Yates attacked, he dropped like a stone. But we will see today, I guess, whether he was just bluffing or not.

You could say that about all the GC hopefuls though. I just think they knew that they weren't going to lose more than a handful of seconds and they see Yates as someone that isn't likely to end up being a serious podium contender. Having said that, I am very curious to get more of an indicator of Roglic's form as I'm not convinced he's fully recovered right now.

Reactions: search
Eg0vy66WoAAMVxu

Eg0xptDWoAANBuB

Eg0wfJuXcAEIGUy

Eg0vnLnX0AAQixS

Eg0u15mXcAEUzG8

Eg0y3wYXcAcgrwo

TRENDING THREADS