• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 5 (Gap - Privas, 183 km)

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Some sprint from Van Aert. Superb form.

Sagan will pick up more sprint points than Bennett when the going gets tough. Am reminded of when Cav was trying to take green and Thor Hushovd decided to get in the break over some big Alpine climbs to take intermediate sprint points. A 'This is how you win green Cav' moment.

I think lots of the sprinters of Cavs generation thought winning green was all about winning stages which is why Sagan was able to clean up when he came along.

I think Bennett is smarter than that and he knows the Bora tactics so he won't let Sagan off up the road so easy. But in the end I do think Sagan will still win green

I think lots of the sprinters of Cavs generation thought winning green was all about winning stages which is why Sagan was able to clean up when he came along.

I think Bennett is smarter than that and he knows the Bora tactics so he won't let Sagan off up the road so easy. But in the end I do think Sagan will still win green

Not sure that there's any head to head sprint where he's going to beat Sam... So it'll all come down to whether he's able to shake him on the climbs.
(which most years you'd imagine he should be able to do)

Imo the system should be tweaked, so that potential sprint finishes counted far more towards green.

At the moment, winning a sprint finish gives you 50 points, while a puncheur finish gives you 30, and an intermediate sprint 20.

TRENDING THREADS