• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 9 (Pau - Laruns, 153 km)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Not sure the climb suits him a lot. In last years Vuelta he suffered the short and very steep climbs, was way better on the long and steady ones, expect for Los Machuchos.
There's a big difference though between Marie-Blanque 4km - at a very steady 11.5%; and Vuelta steep - regularly going over 15%. Marie-Blanque is still just a threshold effort for these guys; so the strongest guy right now should have the advantage.

Climbs today

EhOFa-qX0AUaWQV

And the last climb (minus the descent)

EhOFa-iXsAA8l9_

Reactions: Nairo's Elbow Flick
There is a new chief of TV production on the race this year. I think he did a horror job yesterday, showing Pinot way too much and taking time to show Peters AND Zakarin just riding up the Peyresourde just when the attacks began in the favourites' group.

He also insisted on showing Peters the final two kilometres and then apparently felt the need to show all the rest of the top seven get home before we could finally get back to see the favourites and see that Roglic and Quintana had been captured again.

One of the worst TV productions I can remember from the Tour. Hopefully, he lives and learns.

Pog will try again, he might as well keep going if the legs are good. If he gets chased then fine he can sit in.

We'll definitely get something from the GC group because the French boys are close enough to dream of stealing yellow so if the pace isn't high enough to drop them they'll be trying to sneak off the front.

Hourcere is a beast and if a team wanted to gamble they could make for a really reduced day. Given it's after a brutal day on Friday and a tough one yesterday there's going to be a lot of tired legs in general though.

There is a new chief of TV production on the race this year. I think he did a horror job yesterday, showing Pinot way too much and taking time to show Peters AND Zakarin just riding up the Peyresourde just when the attacks began in the favourites' group.

He also insisted on showing Peters the final two kilometres and then apparently felt the need to show all the rest of the top seven get home before we could finally get back to see the favourites and see that Roglic and Quintana had been captured again.

One of the worst TV productions I can remember from the Tour. Hopefully, he lives and learns.
I watched recently the Galibier and Iseran stages from last year. Following the riders in the break to the detriment of those contesting GC is a long tradition, and the arrival to Valloire shows that. But yes, this year is reaching new levels of incompetence. Perhaps he was learning his job last year.

I doubt so I just hope he gets fired soon

Anyway it's probably the main reason many hate breakaway stages, and why it's actually much preferred a break gets 25 minutes rather than 10.

I think Miss Roads is hinting that it isn't only one Yates twin brother actually in the race...
I know, à la professional wrestling.

But the fact that the one Grand Tour a Yates brother actually won was with both of them in the race kind of counters that.

Also, while they have very similar skillsets and obviously are twins, they also have very different racing mindsets. Adam is much more defensive and risk-averse than Simon, typically.

I'm pretty sure he'll live. Killing someone for being a bad producer is a bit over the top...

I know, à la professional wrestling.

But the fact that the one Grand Tour a Yates brother actually won was with both of them in the race kind of counters that.

Also, while they have very similar skillsets and obviously are twins, they also have very different racing mindsets. Adam is much more defensive and risk-averse than Simon, typically.
They're also really different in the backstage pass. Simon says the same 3 platitudes all the time. Adam I can't even understand with the way he talks

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

That explains a lot. Stage 1 was made all the more hectic by the fact that the cameras were all over the place. We'd see big favourites making it back on to the peloton, unaware that they had a crash or mechanical.

TRENDING THREADS