• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2020

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
There’s 2 types of Dauphiné winner, though. There’s the Froome/Thevenet/Bobet type who won it as a stepping stone to the Tour, and there’s the Brajkovic/Talansky type, for whom it’s a stretch goal and winning it makes their season a success. For the former, winning or losing doesn’t matter as much as form. For the latter, it’s worth going extra deep to to get the W. Mayo was always closer to the 2nd group.
There's also the Indurain 1996 type :p

Probably still only gonna complete the announcement two days before...
But at least we're going to know 87.5% of the roster at least 3 days before. :p

Interestingly, PCS has narrowed down their preliminary list to 8 names just a few minutes ago. I wonder if they have some legit info about the final roster.

EDIT: Now I see they have exactly 8 riders for every team now so I guess these are not necessarily the final rosters.

Last edited:
But at least we're going to know 87.5% of the roster at least 3 days before. :p

Interestingly, PCS has narrowed down their preliminary list to 8 names just a few minutes ago. I wonder if they have some legit info about the final roster.

EDIT: Now I see they have exactly 8 riders for every team now so I guess these are not necessarily the final rosters.
Maybe, but the lists don't have the check mark. Only the ones that have confirmed the roster publicly.
By this time I am sure they are required to submit the roster with the substitute so that initial testing is planned ahead.

There’s 2 types of Dauphiné winner, though. There’s the Froome/Thevenet/Bobet type who won it as a stepping stone to the Tour, and there’s the Brajkovic/Talansky type, for whom it’s a stretch goal and winning it makes their season a success. For the former, winning or losing doesn’t matter as much as form. For the latter, it’s worth going extra deep to to get the W. Mayo was always closer to the 2nd group.
Herrera, Valverde, Moreau, Landaluze and so many others.

This year's TDF has a surreal feel unlike that of any pre-race week in the past. Obviously, the Covid-19 impact is a huge factor, what with racing the Tour in September. There are of course mountains, but not all that many mountain-top finishes. Crosswinds, gaps in the peloton, crashes, etc., could make for some strange twists. Despite TJV being so strong, I'm not sure there's a dominant favorite. It could be a year for a dark horse. . . . Maybe literally a dark horse (or dog . . . or old lady on a walker) crossing the road at an inopportune time, who knows.

Looks the Tour is going to have a lot of wounded warriors. A surprise podium is on the cards maybe. Back injuries don't usually improve quickly especially when you have to ride a three week bike race while recovering from one. Quintana has had some knee issues. With SK, Froome, Buchmann and Thomas out as well there will naturally be a reshuffle of the top 10. Fuglsang, Porte/Mollema will hope to have good legs and be able to stay upright. Roglic and Bernal deserve favouritism and Dumoulin and Pinot should be thereabouts but Pinot always likes to keep people guessing.............like Uran and Landa.

Reactions: Sandisfan