• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2020

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
All teams are now locked in on letour.fr (incl. substitutes) and the startlist is finalized on procyclingstats.com.

8 Danes starting this year - how many from your country? :)

Surprisingly 3 with a few more on the alternate list. The only one I was sure of was Sepp Kuss.

Do I get to count Spaniards since I have a bunch of friends there?
They have 18 with a few on the alternate list.

Reactions: Sandisfan
That's Ronan Pensec territory. There is no earthly way Dumoulin or Roglic/Bernal or Carapaz turns a pedal in the wind to defend Gesink's/Kwiatkowski's Maillot Jaune.
In fairness, Sivakov or Kuss in yellow doesn't automatically mean their leaders have to start working for them. Now I think this is an incredibly unlikely scenario too, especially on stage 2 where both Ineos and Jumbo don't need to take risks yet, but if an opportunity arises on a silver platter, crazier things have happened. In 2017 Landa very well might have taken yellow in the pyrenees if not for Froome and Kwiat working to close the gap to their own teammate. If something like that happens again, but with Sivakov instead of Landa and Bernal possibly still having back problems I'm not sure whether Ineos will trust Bernal enough to give him the same treatment as Froome.

In fairness, Sivakov or Kuss in yellow doesn't automatically mean their leaders have to start working for them. Now I think this is an incredibly unlikely scenario too, especially on stage 2 where both Ineos and Jumbo don't need to take risks yet, but if an opportunity arises on a silver platter, crazier things have happened. In 2017 Landa very well might have taken yellow in the pyrenees if not for Froome and Kwiat working to close the gap to their own teammate. If something like that happens again, but with Sivakov instead of Landa and Bernal possibly still having back problems I'm not sure whether Ineos will trust Bernal enough to give him the same treatment as Froome.
I don't think other teams will let Sivakov or Kuss go on stage 2. At the very least not for multiple minutes.

I think it's most likely a group of 20-50 riders will crest the Turini together, and with such a pace you don't really have a huge advantage or a large breakaway. I think Jumbo will just climb to Gesink or Van Aert's or maybe even Tony Martin if he's on a good day and with these dudes over the top no break gets minutes for free.

I don't think other teams will let Sivakov or Kuss go on stage 2. At the very least not for multiple minutes.

I think it's most likely a group of 20-50 riders will crest the Turini together, and with such a pace you don't really have a huge advantage or a large breakaway. I think Jumbo will just climb to Gesink or Van Aert's or maybe even Tony Martin if he's on a good day and with these dudes over the top no break gets minutes for free.
Yeah, the days of Perreiro getting a half hour are long gone.

Movistar said that tomorrow (Tuesday) is the soonest they will announce their Tour line up. They also said it will be 8 of the 10 riders in their "bubble" currently. Their 8 riders will come from this list of 10 riders:
Dario Cataldo, Imanol Erviti, Enric Mas Nicolau, Nelson Oliveira, Antonio Pedrero, Jürgen Roelandts, José Joaquín Rojas, Marc Soler, Alejandro Valverde y Carlos Verona Quintanilla.⠀

Now, they had confirmed awhile ago Mas and Valverde for the Tour and with Valverde going we can be fairly sure Erviti is going.

One possible ambush could be if Jumbo and/or Ineos send their third or fourth rider in the break, e.g. in stage 2. Imagine if Kuss or Sivakov would be a few minutes ahead of the GC favorites...

Would be great for the race if both of them gained minutes, but great things like this rarely happen. Look at stage 2 of the 2010 Tour or stage 4 of the 2015 Giro. Even when it appeared that awesomeness was going to happen, it all amounted to nothing.

Current day Tony Martin leading the peloton over the Turini could be delete forum worthy :laughing:

• Haha
EgQUrprWsAA3lCe

Buchmann, Schachmann and Mühlberger are on the Startlist for Bora.
Schachmann has a clean break of his collarbone. He can ride his bike obviously with the break. Does a injury like that actually heal while riding such a hard race? The break has to be really stable .

Allegedly Tyler Hamilton rode an almost complete Tour in 2003 with a broken collarbone after his crash at stage one. There's various ways the fractures can affect it seems.

TRENDING THREADS