• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2020

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Going back to my post about the weather being a factor. Later in the Tour and also definitely Giro. Already looking at stage 1 finish in Nice there might be rain at the back end of the stage. Then Sunday look a big mess. Thunderstorms possible between Turini and Colmaine and 60kmh gust down towards stage 2 finish. Also on top of Col de Turini temperature will be cold as northerly winds sweep across Italy and France. Northern Alpine slope will be seeing snow around 2000m. Stage 2 will be very interesting
Breaking news.

Betting sites see strange surge of bets come in on Antonio Nibali.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Possibility of echelons towards the back end of stage 1 when riders turn it towards Nice, perfect cross winds direction and gusting 30-40kmh
arpege-11-86-0.png

• Love
Per procyclingstats:
Valverde
Mas
Soler
Cataldo
Verona
Erviti
Oliveira
Rojas

Surprised at Soler, he was awful at the Dauphine.

I'm a little surprised by the inclusion of Soler as well. I'm going with Valv.Piti that training for the Giro is about the only thing that makes sense. It appears they didn't have any of the young riders on their long or short list and those are the ones that appear to be in better form. Yes he was awful at the Dauphine. I do think an in form Soler is one of the top climbers in the peloton, however he's also extremely inconsistent. Which, for me, makes him a better candidate to go after the KOM jersey than an overall victory, or be a Super Dom for someone with better consistency who can go after an overall win.

TRENDING THREADS