• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour De France 2021, stage 1 (Brest-Landerneau, 197.8 km)

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Are people going to complain every time there is a roundabout or a curve the next three weeks?

Well it was a sharp blind turn where most of the natural lines brought the riders right into road furniture - the choices were either a tightly constricted path through the road furniture (so not enough room for everyone) or a super wide path that I'm sure wasn't visible or apparent to people in the middle and back of the peloton. Seemed very dumb to me even by the normal standards of road furniture danger.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Happy le tour you wonderful bunch.

Can't wait to share the next three weeks with everyone <3

May the threads be good and the racing be better.

Visiting dad today so going to hopefully watch our first tour stage together in about a decade

Be nice to your old man, even if you two have different tastes. My last GT with my late dad is 2013 Giro (we met about every two year, and never on Tour time), he passed away at the first week of 2015 Giro. We never really got along cycling-wise though, he's so impressed by Wiggo and Froomey since Sky rose :D

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
C'mon Mathieu, back to the peloton, we expect fireworks at the end of the stage. Froome has a new haircut? Pogačar still has the regular haircut. Or the helmet is leaking hair. Ineos trying to bully UAE and JV safely tucked behind the UAE. That works for me for now.

UAE dedicating a guy to the chase, probably means they view Hirschi or Costa as being able to win today.

Or Pogacar in all probability.

Also funny to see Ineos & UAE already acting like Patrons of the peloton. That was one of the questions before the stage & it's a clear departure from last year (when TJV took control day one).

C'mon Mathieu, back to the peloton, we expect fireworks at the end of the stage. Froome has a new haircut? Pogačar still has the regular haircut. Or the helmet is leaking hair. Ineos trying to bully UAE and JV safely tucked behind the UAE. That works for me for now.

Yep, works for me as well. Roglic back with Gaudu & the FDJ guys in the peloton.

TRENDING THREADS