• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2021, Stage 11: Sorgues – Malaucène, 198.9 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Break including WVA, Asgreen and Nibali to have a half hour lead at the base of Ventoux 1. Pogacar to catch the break at the top of Ventoux 2. Nibali to descend like a meteor to victory, pack his bag and fly to Tokyo.

No. Nibali will forget the fact that he was supposed to stop at the finish line, in order to collect his win, and just fly directly to Tokyo without that pesky need for planes or such nonsense.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Bahrain to create mayhem, Cav OTL.
Absolutely be hard. If they were Movistar I could see them creating mayhem and having their sprinter OTL. Maybe he’ll get help from Thomas and Froome if they are back by him. If he doesn’t go in the break, he absolutely needs to be in the peloton for as long as possible up the first time.

Does anyone have an estimate of what they think the time will be?

Recently, some members of the press have not respectfully genuflected when Pog has passed by. This has angered the great leader, Pogasaurus Rex. Thus, a lesson will be administered for all non-believers during the 2nd ascent of Ventoux. Sacrifices will be offered up and laid down by the mortals of the peloton. P. Rex will punctuate his current reign with a hypersonic flight to the apex. At the finish, spectators will be given special goggles to prevent blindness from the resulting megatonic flash. A billowing mushroom cloud will signal completion of the stage. Pog will have time to warm down, take a shower, and eat a doughnut before returning to the finish line to applaud whoever arrives in 2nd place and collapses in a heap at his feet.

...i have no idea why UAE don't just refuse to lead when break sets off. all they should do is let the rest of the top ten chase each other down (they will). every day should be a rest day for UAE.

i would hate the break to take this.

pog must crush everyone (and i am not even a particular fan -- just a fan of the best rider winning).

hoping uran and gaudu do well.

hoping bahrain all get a "stomach virus" and abandon (PDM 1991 anyone...?).

...i have no idea why UAE don't just refuse to lead when break sets off. all they should do is let the rest of the top ten chase each other down (they will). every day should be a rest day for UAE.

i would hate the break to take this.

pog must crush everyone (and i am not even a particular fan -- just a fan of the best rider winning).

hoping uran and gaudu do well.

hoping bahrain all get a "stomach virus" and abandon (PDM 1991 anyone...?).
Heck UAE could all just get in the Break bar Pogacar so they can all finish together.

Carapaz has to put some time into O'Connor or at least try. Expect Ineos to use up Porte and the other doms on the second ascent. Be interesting to see how Pogacar plays it but the battle for the podium spots will probably only help him. He doesn't have to attack but I expect him to counter attack. O'Connor has a good gap over third place and can afford to lose some time.

In 2013 it was a 242k stage with a cat 3 and three cat 4 in the first half of the stage. There were two groups coming in at 27 and 32 minutes. The Sault side is easy, so OTLs probably will depend more on how hard Liguière is raced.

I’m not a fan of starting the climb statistics where they do (15.7@8.8), in my mind it starts at the exit of Bédoin. The whole climb is 21.5@7.5 (or thereabouts).

Due to reasons I’ve done those first kilometres twice, so I’m biased towards that part of the climb :)

TRENDING THREADS