• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2021, Stage 13: Nîmes – Carcassonne, 219.9 km

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Søren Kragh came up from the woods after two and a half minutes, clearly unharmed. The story behind it is that he was hoping not to be found in the bushes, so that he could leave the race unnoticed (after all, he only just made the time limit yesterday). However, he then heard on the radio "Come on out, Soren, we know you're in there," and then he knew he had to return to the road.

E54Jz5aXoAYYXPF

Did they actually Freaky Friday this stage?

Maybe? Maybe???

What is it about this board that renders people incapable of saying, "Sorry, I was wrong." ?
I can only speak for myself of course not the entire board, but I'm not sorry that I interchanged two sprinters from the same team. I'm not one of the members with a precise memory of every race since 1920, nor am I a google finger like many.

If you want to add to the conversation, or question the content great, but don't lecture me.

It would just be nice to think that the forum could be a responsible and respectful enough place that people could acknowledge their genuine errors and apologise to clarify that there was no intention to mislead.

I would have thought that making an assertion of fact without researching it is exactly the sort of thing for which an apology is apt. Trying to turn avoidable ignorance into some sort of personal virtue coupled with a slight at those who are careful about what they claim ("nor am I a google finger like many ") is never decent behaviour.

Reactions: yaco
It would just be nice to think that the forum could be a responsible and respectful enough place that people could acknowledge their genuine errors and apologise to clarify that there was no intention to mislead.

I would have thought that making an assertion of fact without researching it is exactly the sort of thing for which an apology is apt. Trying to turn avoidable ignorance into some sort of personal virtue coupled with a slight at those who are careful about what they claim ("nor am I a google finger like many ") is never decent behaviour.
I definitely considered "I got the AF riders confused" as a way of acknowledging a mistake.
I did say "Maybe I got my AF riders confused", but by maybe I didn't mean maybe I did or maybe I didn't, I meant 'maybe I got the wrong guy, but that doesn't change my assertion'. I've been lectured by the higher power now though so I should be good.

GO CAV!

This is entertainment not a thesis. If interchanging JP with TM is the worst mistake I make on here, I'm golden. The member who I was replying to was not accurate either, but you'll notice that I didn't lecture them, I offered race results from recent races (off the top of my head and I was wrong about ToT because it was JP not TM).

I did say "Maybe I got my AF riders confused", but by maybe I didn't mean maybe I did or maybe I didn't, I meant 'maybe I got the wrong guy, but that doesn't change my assertion'.
This is entertainment not a thesis. If interchanging JP with TM is the worst mistake I make on here, I'm golden. The member who I was replying to was not accurate either, but you'll notice that I didn't lecture them, I offered race results from recent races (off the top of my head and I was wrong about ToT because it was JP not TM).
And no-one (one would hope) is going to be offended at genuine mistakes. If you had completed the idea of what you meant by 'maybe' it would have come across as a lot more of an acknowledgement. And as I have said to you in PM, you are far from the only one who seems to consider apology unthinkable.

But the forum would be a much more pleasant place if people were a bit less determined to prove themselves right and a bit more willing to admit that they are not always.

And no-one (one would hope) is going to be offended at genuine mistakes. If you had completed the idea of what you meant by 'maybe' it would have come across as a lot more of an acknowledgement. And as I have said to you in PM, you are far from the only one who seems to consider apology unthinkable.

But the forum would be a much more pleasant place if people were a bit less determined to prove themselves right and a bit more willing to admit that they are not always.
I'm wrong more often than not...

AF=Alpecin-Fenix
TM=Tim Merlier
JP= Jasper Philipsen
CE= Caleb Ewan
TOB=Tour of Belgium
ToT=Tour of Turkey
The use of initials has to be in context, ie: we were talking about Cav's recent success prior to the TdF (Tour d France) against Tim and Caleb. If I try to spell them out it might be even harder to understand.

Yeah, I do understand when thinking about it... but I really have to think about most of the abbrevations for a moment since I don't tend to use them myself. :D

Reactions: jmdirt

TRENDING THREADS