• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2021, Stage 14: Carcassonne – Quillan, 183.7 km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I only learned yesterday that Naesan is in this race, so I'm picking him for the win. He's been saving his legs for today, surely.

he indeed said that this is the stage he's mainly aiming for in this Tour, yeah, already last week: "A rider like me - not super fast on the flat, not light enough for the real mountains - only gets one or two opportunities in the Tour. For me that's stage 14 this year, and maybe the one to Le Creusot. The other days you basically just fill up the peloton"

There must be like 50 riders thinking the same, though, and on paper also today the climbs look a bit too steep for him. But if he makes the break, there's a chance, sure

Reactions: bob.a.feet
I will be disappointed if Boivin doesn't attack in Montréal.

Quite a few teams probably think they have a rider who could possibly win, so the questions if if we'll see a big break go away early or if there's going to be an hour long battle before the "right" group gets a gap.

It's not the greatest stage design but I'm fine with it. The ASO usually doesn't bother using the options for medium mountain stages in the Pyrenees since they just go straight to the high mountains and I like that they are mixing things up. The stage where I complain about the lack of harder climbs is tomorrow not today.
Pretty much. It's still breakaway day but at least it's less lazy than 2 average Cat1s and 20km of flat to the finish line.

TRENDING THREADS