• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2021, Stage 15: Céret – Andorre-la-Vieille, 191.3 km

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
GC guys attacking at the end!! LOL. Sometimes they ride like this is their first race. The advantage in numbers for INEOS was worthless as I said before. Especially if you don't have the stronger rider. My questions are:

1- Why teams don't surprise Pogacar's team, if not him, at the beginning of the stage. He usually is at the back with his team letting the other riders fight for the breakaway. It would at least be worth to see what happens.
2- Why Carapaz waited for the attack in the lower altitude climb???? LOL. What is the advantage of doing that?

Anyway, the only thing enjoyable is the stage fight and the mountains fight.

GC guys attacking at the end!! LOL. Sometimes they ride like this is their first race. The advantage in numbers for INEOS was worthless as I said before. Especially if you don't have the stronger rider. My questions are:

1- Why teams don't surprise Pogacar's team, if not him, at the beginning of the stage. He usually is at the back with his team letting the other riders fight for the breakaway. It would at least be worth to see what happens.
2- Why Carapaz waited for the attack in the lower altitude climb???? LOL. What is the advantage of doing that?

Anyway, the only thing enjoyable is the stage fight and the mountains fight.
They got rid of Martin and isolated Pogacar but Pogacar looked comfortable and Martin is inconsistent generally. The trouble for Carapaz is that he has two superior TT riders in front of him on GC so the podium looks unlikely unless he can make some gains on the climbs but once again Ineos probably selected the wrong stage to try it and Porte might have done more damage at the end instead of using him early.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS