• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2021, Stage 16: Pas de la Case – Saint-Gaudens, 169.0 km

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jens is also a total moron.

He is. Well, he's a child, basically. I love his childlike enthusiasm for racing and small things, his interest in everything despite being anything but an intellectual, and also how positive he is towards the riders, no matter where they come from or on which team they are. One can just not expect serious assessments or hard facts from him.

Reactions: Sandisfan
He is. Well, he's a child, basically. I love his childlike enthusiasm for racing and small things, his interest in everything despite being anything but an intellectual, and also how positive he is towards the riders, no matter where they come from or on which team they are. One can just not expect serious assessments or hard facts from him.
Yeah but as "expert" he regularly has some seriously stupid takes about how the race will evolve.

Reactions: BlueRoads
Yeah, he seems to be a nice guy and all, but when you hear him talk about tactics it's always bad. Probably a fun guy to meet at a bar, but not someone that I'd pick as an expert.

Yeah but as "expert" he regularly has some seriously stupid takes about how the race will evolve.

True, as an "expert" he's useless. But I've thought about why for instance I'm so annoyed by Wiggins and not by Voigt, and really there's something positive in Voigts attitude that I just like, a will to see the good everywhere and to enjoy life and take everything serious and at the same time not so serious. There's never anything cynical or dismissive in him and although he makes some money with his extrovert way nothing about it comes across as unauthentic. :) I really like to have him there, despite what he says usually being totally ridiculous or vague.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS