• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2021, Stage 21: Chatou – Paris Champs-Élysées, 108.4 km

Stage 21: Chatou – Paris Champs-Élysées, 108.4 km
One last sprint, as always. Champagne, celebrations, and Cavendish?

Map and profile
f010b

Route details
The obligatory final GPM, in this case the Côte des Grès, early on…

cote-de-gres.png

…and the equally obligatory poorly-televised final intermediate sprint once we’re onto the Champs-Élysées.

OiEl1ra.jpg

Final kilometers
No point in breaking this one down.

bzi9Vzn.jpg

dGJokIo.jpg

…and I’m finally done writing these. I don’t have as much time for the Vuelta, so I doubt I’ll be repeating these opening posts come August. That’s a matter for the thread planning topic, though.

Will anyone be given the first lap of the Champs as their retirement ride?

Lafavere saying Cav should retire while he's on top

"But what he has accomplished is particularly strong. Also because of the way in which and with the pleasure he conveys. It is really the time to end his career in Paris on Sunday. There is no better farewell at this age, there is also there's no better time to come."
That also seems to be the best scenario for Lefevere. "I totally agree with Sven, I've seen a number of examples of what not to do. Cavendish needs to realize that this will never come back."

Source: