• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022 route rumors thread.

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
When is the route presentation gonna be? And will it seriously only be shown on FB live?

The unveiling of the 2022 Tour de France and the Tour de France Femmes with Zwift will take place on Thursday 14 October from 11.30am (UTC+2) at the Palais des Congrès de Paris.

Discover the many surprises along the route that the pack will take, from the Grand Départ in Copenhagen, Denmark to the traditional finish on the Champs Elysées.

The presentation will be broadcast live and exclusively at the Tour de France Club, which will be organising an exceptional operation for the occasion.

• Sad
Reactions: RedheadDane
Madeleine will not make any difference.
Telegraphe-galibier to make the selection in the peloton, and then attacks on granon, a such difficult climb that can make a lot of difference.
Nobody is gonna do nothing on Madeleine with telegraphe-galibier and then granon ahead.
The peloton will not push hard on Madeleine when they know that they have more difficult climbs in the end of the stage.

I do not completely agree. Madeleine offers the possibilities to form a strong group of attackers based on their climbing skills. If the first 90 km to telegraph was flat, this group would be more or less random based on strong riders, but not necessarily strong climbers. This offers possibilities to bridge from top of the Galibier to teammates in the front group, which you really need as there is still some false flat downwards in the descent of the Galibier. In most likely case nothing happened, it al least suffers the legs more, to have bigger differences on the Granon.

Reactions: gregrowlerson
Considering French geography i don't think it's possible to put cobbles after mountains unless you'll do unless you'll do some really weird ish with big transfers. Or you start from like Basue country and do the opposite of next year's route but i give exactly 0% chance of ASO ever doing this.
How about doing a Paris-Roubaix cobbles stage on the final Saturday one year which would also put them relatively close to Paris ahead of the ceremonial final day.

It's live on Eurosport and GCN app from 10.30

Aah, of course. That's the mistake I made; I assumed it was gonna be in the afternoon/evening, and didn't check the schedule that early.
Don't people in France work on Thursdays? They - ASO - can't be expecting that many viewers.

Anyway, people! Please remember to post all the pictures for those of us who have to work. All the weird-looking suits - or just riders looking weird in suits - and what have you.

I'll take the liberty to start myself.

FBpbE6rWYAQZZIt

FBpZcagWUAYgVUl

So far, the suits themselves are pretty ordinary, just the general weirdness of seeing riders in anything other than cycling kit.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Sandisfan and noob
Aah, of course. That's the mistake I made; I assumed it was gonna be in the afternoon/evening, and didn't check the schedule that early.
Don't people in France work on Thursdays? They - ASO - can't be expecting that many viewers.

Anyway, people! Please remember to post all the pictures for those of us who have to work. All the weird-looking suits - or just riders looking weird in suits - and what have you.

I'll take the liberty to start myself.

FBpbE6rWYAQZZIt

FBpZcagWUAYgVUl

So far, the suits themselves are pretty ordinary, just the general weirdness of seeing riders in anything other than cycling kit.
I honestly doubt there are more than 10 cyclists I could recognise in Street clothes. Despite spending a few hundred hours a year staring at them.

How about doing a Paris-Roubaix cobbles stage on the final Saturday one year which would also put them relatively close to Paris ahead of the ceremonial final day.

Yes; run the final mountain stages on the Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday, with the final Rest day on the Monday. Then a few stages heading north - with the cobbles stage on either the Friday/Saturday. It can be done, but they're not brave enough. What about a TT on gravel? They're risk averse with the route. Do the same thing, and get the same type of winners......

TRENDING THREADS