• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 12 (Briançon – Alpe d’Huez, 165.1k)

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
GC
Clipboard.jpg

Still managing to put in a few attacks today its a good sign for Pogi . Problem is that on such a heavy stage he finished basically on the same time with Mas , that meaning the level was not that high and also not Pogi's favourite terrain with the high temperature.
I'm sure he will get back some time in the Pyrennes but if its enough to take the yellow jersey back remains to be seen .
lets not forgt how he stole Roglic's Tour in 2020 .

What a boring stage. Not a single attack from the top 2 in GC! (Before the stage)

Well done, Pidcock, Meintjes and Froome.
Quite a few attacks, actually, they just didn't stick. Though I'm not sure what you mean "(Before the stage)".

I enjoyed watching Pidcock take that. Froome surprised me quite a bit. First even getting in a break, but making it stick that long? I'd have figured gone by top of the Croix de Fer.

The story has been that Pogacar is a level above previous champions like Froome and Contador. Yesterday, Quintana and GT put 2 minutes into Pogacar. Today, Pogacar and the new Pogacar, Vingegaard, finished in the same time as GT who, at his absolute peak, Tour-winning form, narrowly nipped Dumoulin and Froome at the line on the Alpe, despite them having already ridden the Giro. So...they're actually not a level above previous champions like Froome and Contador?

The numbers say otherwise. This Thomas appears to be stronger than Tour winner Thomas and this Thomas only finished with the gruesome twosome because they kept stopping every time they dropped him because neither of them care about whether he’s there or not.

Sky really took Thomas and made him an all time boring gc rider
Yeah, I expected at least a pursuiter's attempt at a finish. Sepp Kuss kept up that tempo that took it out of everybody except his teammate. Pogacar's attacks were sudden but he couldn't sustain them and actually looked like Vingo was tempted to counter. Kuss coming back each time served the task of hurting everyone and saving Vingo's energy for what is to come since they weren't winning the stage or killing themselves to gain a few seconds. Very well performed by JV.

Reactions: Carols and inri2000
Great win for Pidcock. He looked the strongest in the break a long way from the finish. Meintjes and Froome fought hard. Jumbo doms were superb. Quintana an enigma as usual. Thomas looking at a probable podium at this point. Vingegaard looked comfortable and looks like the race winner.

Vingegaard too strong for them and he can defend all the way to Paris now. The finish was very anticlimatic though and it was strange why he wouldn't at least try to attack Pog in the final kilometres to try and put the tour to bed.
hmm wild guess.. maybe he is tired after the epic stagewin he mustard'ed yesterday and today's heat certainly doesn't make it easier.
Just a wild guess.... you still need to do it.. even though it can seem so easy from our chair perspectives.

• Haha
Reactions: inri2000
Still managing to put in a few attacks today its a good sign for Pogi . Problem is that on such a heavy stage he finished basically on the same time with Mas , that meaning the level was not that high and also not Pogi's favourite terrain with the high temperature.
I'm sure he will get back some time in the Pyrennes but if its enough to take the yellow jersey back remains to be seen .
lets not forgt how he stole Roglic's Tour in 2020 .
Ok, but they clearly were capable of dropping Mas. But they had some stare downs.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Reactions: Moondance
OMG Meintjes is likely going to win the GPM in the Virenque method. That's just absolutely beautiful.

Jumbo executing flawless tactics from distance, Meintjes contending for Super Combativité... what a world we live in. At this rate by the time the Tour is over we will get insightful, informed commentary about someone who doesn't ride for Ineos from Adam Blythe!

TRENDING THREADS