• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 16 (Carcassonne – Foix, 178.5k)

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
He did two huge attacks himself (on the false flat when Roglic and Vino were attacking him) which were nothing but stupid (just showing ego, eg. look at me I am stronger than both of you). In the end maybe exactly those two attacks were too much and cost him to blow out later on Granon.

He got caught up in the racing as the racer he is. It might have been a mistake but we can only say that knowing the outcome later. It was looking good until the last 5km of the stage.

It is only in hindsight you could say that and knowing what would eventually happen on Granon.

When he was covering those attacks and going over Galibier he looked to be in control. Later Majka was leading the group on the early parts of Granon, it was no panic then. That obviously changed within a few minutes.

It is lazy to say it was because of his ego. Something someone would say that just dislikes him. It was more complicated and a learning experience.

It's not only hindsight. When it happened, I couldn't figure out what on Earth he was closing Roglic for.

And yes, he's (Roglic) a great rider and there's respect between them and yada yada yada, but he still should have just let him go.

Reactions: Sandisfan
It's not only hindsight. When it happened, I couldn't figure out what on Earth he was closing Roglic for.

And yes, he's (Roglic) a great rider and there's respect between them and yada yada yada, but he still should have just let him go.

I think at the time it was defensible, Roglic looked to be on the ropes but not down.

In hindsight it's clear Jumbo was bluffing. He will learn.