• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 21 (Paris La Défense Arena – Paris Champs-Élysées, 115.6k)

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Thanks, I didn’t know that. However, isn’t QS a gigantic flooring manufacturer in all of Europe? I thought their products are sold all over. Maybe I’m wrong?
Quick Step was originally a Belgian company. It is now a brand owned by an American company and its products are sold worldwide (or at least across all rich countries and some others).

Quick Step had lots of reasons to choose Jakobsen over Cavendish, but the sponsor having no use for publicity outside Flanders is not one of them (and anyway, Jakobsen isn‘t Belgian either).

Reactions: 75Driver
Fabio Jakobsen is from Holland, though his family or some of it - originates from Denmark.
He understands danish according to himself but he can't speak it.
I don't know which part of his family.. he was asked by danish media in TdF2022 in Denmark after his stage win,

You can usually sense danish-heritage on "sen" ending surnames.
like Jakobsen, Madsen, Rasmussen, Olsen, Christensen, Kristiansen, Andersen, Nielsen, Sorensen, Larsen, Jorgensen, Pedersen, Petersen, Kristensen, Poulsen, Mortensen, Johansen, Carlsen, Frederiksen and you can add like many many more until the sun goes down, - useally danish firstnames with an added "sen" .
Same with "gaard" ending surnames, like Vingegaard, Kirkegaard, Ostergaard, Norregaard.
"sen" ending surnames is down to the aspect of danish søn or in English "son" = "sen"..
so in theory "Jakobsen", is referring to the son of "Jakob"
Same with "gaard" as it means farm in danish (gård), so it more or less refers to a person from that farm.
The two aa = å... the english translation for Vingegaard is "Wingfarm"
Old naming schemes from a past era, as Denmark is quite an old country.. also the oldest national flag on the globe.

Its a huge relief to see Fabio Jakobsen doing good and a huge personal triumph with his stage win in TdF22 (stage2 Nyborg).

Last edited:
Fabio Jakobsen is from Holland, though his family or some of it - originates from Denmark.
He understands danish according to himself but he can't speak it.
I don't know which part of his family.. he was asked by danish media in TdF2022 in Denmark after his stage win,

You can usually sense danish-heritage on "sen" ending surnames.
like Jakobsen, Madsen, Rasmussen, Olsen, Christensen, Kristiansen, Andersen, Nielsen, Sorensen, Larsen, Jorgensen, Pedersen, Petersen, Kristensen, Poulsen, Mortensen, Johansen, Carlsen, Frederiksen and you can add like many many more, useally danish firstnames with an added "sen" .
Same with "gaard" ending surnames, like Vingegaard, Kirkegaard, Ostergaard, Norregaard.
"sen" ending surnames is down to the aspect of danish søn or in English "son" = "sen"..
so in theory "Jakobsen", is referring to the son of "Jakob"
Same with "gaard" as it means farm in danish (gård), so it more or less refers to a person from that farm.
The two aa = å... the English translation for Vingegaard is "Wingfarm"

It's great to see Fabio Jakobsen back and a huge personal triumph with his stagewin in TdF22 Nyborg.
Yes, RHD has schooled and scolded us on this topic for years! :)

That winner's speech today is not in my top 10 of winner's speeches. :laughing:

I thought it was ok. He's not a great speaker, for sure, but he took his time and thanked everyone, especially his girlfriend and daughter, and his team, whom he named one by one. That's what a good leader does.

Lots of applause when he said that Wout van Aert is "the most selfish . . ." No wait. "Wout van Aert is the best bike rider in the world."

Exactly., He’s a bike racer. And we’ve often seen the non-yellow jersey top GC guys take a flyer on the Champs, and in fact Thomas went for it the same moment Pogacar did!

He'd actually asked Bjerg if it would be smartest of him to attack on the Champs, or mix it up in the sprint. Bjerg's reply:
"If you mix it up in the sprint, one of the sprinters might punch you."

FYgMuRhWQAIpWwa

FYgMtGdX0AIciHs

TRENDING THREADS