• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 4 (Dunkerque – Calais, 171.5k)

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I just had - once more - a look at UAE‘s line-up. I‘ve got to say their team does not look very strong.

Pogacar is strong on all terrains. Majka is strong in the mountains (most of the time). The other six riders are either average riders, or have been on the decline for some time.

Pogacar is not yet in Yellow. If he has a problem (mechanical, crash, …) now, on the flats, no one will have to wait. Then Jumbo go full gas and drop him by 1:30 minutes…

Reactions: Sandisfan
I just had - once more - a look at UAE‘s line-up. I‘ve got to say their team does not look very strong.

Pogacar is strong on all terrains. Majka is strong in the mountains (most of the time). The other six riders are either average riders, or have been on the decline for some time.

Pogacar is not yet in Yellow. If he has a problem (mechanical, crash, …) now, on the flats, no one will have to wait. Then Jumbo go full gas and drop him by 1:30 minutes…

There's no way JV will ride full gas in such a scenario, unless racing is already on and can't be stopped.

I can imagine JV pushing Jakobsen toward the time limit uphill if he comes close in the classification.

Well, in the mountains they should be worried in make Roglic win instead of some secondary classification.

Van Aert has plenty of opportunities to win green and a couple of stages deemed flat where Jakobsen won't have a chance to be featured, if he is as strong as a contender for green as he thinks he is, he can win the green there.

Well, in the mountains they should be worried in make Roglic win instead of some secondary classification.

Van Aert has plenty of opportunities to win green and a couple of stages deemed flat where Jakobsen won't have a chance to be featured, if he is as strong as a contender for green as he thinks he is, he can win the green there.
Leading Rogla to the stage victory may naturally put Jakobsen out of the time limit.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS