• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 6 (Binche – Longwy, 219.9k)

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Bora I disagree because they just got unlucky with Vlasov crash, its actually a good job to get him back on. Don't blame them to think he'd do well on this finish. EF and Alpecin (Philipsen????) on the other hand... no idea.
Actually in the end I understand all 3 teams. Bora got unlucky with Vlasov crash. Philipsen only had to drop in the last km. Powless very close to yellow.

Wrong.
Roglic didn't do a leadout, he made a statement that he is still there. Of course the crash hindered some stomping power, Pogacar just followed wheels like the rest of the GC.

lol. Pog attacked already at the top of the previous climb. And gapped everyone with his acceleration. This is not close at all.

besides Rog has already fallen back to the other top riders. It is no longer Rog and Pog. Just Pog. Has been for a while now.

In the end, WvA could have taken the stage and 10 bonus seconds.
Now Pog got a stage, the jersey, 10 seconds and the Tour is definitely over.

I am really waiting what their objective was for today. Did they thought broken Roglic would outsprint Pogacar? Or that Jonas would smoke him (maybe based on that stage 4)? I am thinking in what way Jumbo would manage to screw Pogacar if he was on their team :tearsofjoy:.

If EF, Bora, Alpecin etc. Work they have a small chance of winning/getting yellow. Yes, it is likely the will help Pogacar to a victory but they have a chance.

If they don’t work they gift Wout another win and minutes extra in the GC. So they have no chance of winning/yellow.

Not that hard to see why they cooperated.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
I am really waiting what their objective was for today. Did they thought broken Roglic would outsprint Pogacar? Or that Jonas would smoke him (maybe based on that stage 4)? I am thinking in what way Jumbo would manage to screw Pogacar if he was on their team :tearsofjoy:.

They'd probably have the same team but with Pogacar instead of Kruijswijk. The never tried 4 leader team.

TRENDING THREADS