• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Stage 2 Brussels - Spa, 192 km Monday, July 5 2010

May 15, 2010
Visit site
gr215325_600.jpg

gr214349_600.jpg

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Sunderland has said that the descnts are quite treachorus. I think a Katusha rider will be up there! Cadel also!

but of course.

I say we wont get the finish people are hoping for (after all, it is the tour).
A bunch sprint, with some notable sprinters missing.
Friere takes this.

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
The last 4,5k of the Rosier are at about 5,5%, this should definietly shake up the race, i'm sure that a lot of stronger riders like Roche or Monfort have picked this stage for an attack.

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
roundabout said:
It will probably be a big group in the end, however not all the green jersey contenders will be there.

Agreed. I have a feeling that those final climbs will not be ridden very hard. Group of 50-100 in the end.

May 28, 2010
Visit site
If Peter Sagan was in the tour, I'd definitely pick him for this stage.

But, he isn't there, so I think Oscar Freire has to be the favorite for this stage, but I wouldn't bee surprised to see Boasson Hagen or Gilbert or even Voeckler try a breakaway. I think they'll get caught though as Saxo Bank will be chasing hard (assuming Cancellara can make it over the climbs).

TRENDING THREADS