• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France: Stage 20 Rambouillet - Paris Champs-Élysées 120km

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Time to change the final stage of the Tour me thinks... It's getting boring. 4 years in a row the same result.

A time trial into Paris or a MTT or something... ABC(Anything but Cav)

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Time to change the final stage of the Tour me thinks... It's getting boring. 4 years in a row the same result.

A time trial into Paris or a MTT or something... ABC(Anything but Cav)
If that was a boring end to the stage you shouldn't be watching! Simples!

Lost it at Lesley Garrett coming out. So weird. She is very annoying too.

Brad's face..
Aya2POdCIAA2jdV.jpg

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
If Sagan was the better sprinter today why was he so badly placed in the run out. Must have been miles out of position, and positioning yourself in the right place is part of being a sprinter, is it not?

Not just about pure speed and strength, you need a bit of smarts to go with it!

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
piemonster said:
If Sagan was the better sprinter today why was he so badly placed in the run out. Must have been miles out of position, and positioning yourself in the right place is part of being a sprinter, is it not?

Not just about pure speed and strength, you need a bit of smarts to go with it!

yeah thats about it.. :) No excuses Cav Nailed it correctly Sagan didnt. :)

Perfectly handled sprint by Cav. Definitely the man to beat going into the Olympics.

Also, when was the last time the yellow jersey led out the last km or so of a finish in Paris. I liked it.

I just rewatched the sprint several times (on a very crappy youtube upload) and I don't know how you can say Sagan was the fastest. I'm not sure where Sagan was around the curve, but he was two bike lengths behind Cav since at least ~150 metres from the finish and didn't manage to make up more than one bike length, despite having Goss' and then Cav's wheel and despite Cav already having been in the sprint several hundred metres. He just didn't have the legs.

And awesome pull by Wiggins, wasn't just for show, he gave it all he had.