• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France: Stage 20 Rambouillet - Paris Champs-Élysées 120km

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Waterloo Sunrise said:
Gap between Sagan and Cav stayed the same from 400m to the line.

Initially Cav pulled it out, then Sagan pulled it back a bit.

Difference is Cav did the entire distance in the wind, and Sagan did it in the wheels.

Are you visually impaired as well? Sagan had no wheels to draft in. There was a huge gap between Cav/Goss and Sagan. He had to close it in the wind with no draft at all.

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
They've been getting harsh with gaps, giving four seconds between the first 15 and the rest! (I'm just watching the results, I'm nowhere near a TV, and the wireless card I'm using right now isn't fast enough to watch the video)

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Are you visually impaired as well? Sagan had no wheels to draft in. There was a huge gap between Cav/Goss and Sagan. He had to close it in the wind with no draft at all.

It's a lot easier to chase the wheels than sprint into the wind, at those speeds you can feel the draft from a fair way out, especially when people are going backwards

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Or you could just give credit to Sagan for riding by far the fastest sprint. But hey, he's not a british rider. So why would we?

He was nowhere and wheelsucked to 2nd, simply not on a par with Cav at this time on the flat, the time will come though. Cav was in the wind for the last 400 give or take.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Or you could just give credit to Sagan for riding by far the fastest sprint. But hey, he's not a british rider. So why would we?

Quit your xenophobic rubbish.

Cavendish lead out from 400 metres out, he was the fastest. Sagan was pretty damn close to that but had the advantage of being in multiple slipstreams. Both impressive, Cavendish deserves the win and Sagan deserves the Green jersey. Done.