• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France, Stage 21: Creteil - Paris!!, 95 km

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 27, 2010
Visit site
Cadel what a champion totally deserved that win, this is one of the best days in my life as a cycling fan. Great to see the friendship between gilbert and evans, it kinda hints that gilbert is going to BMC.

Bring on la vuelta!

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Tribute Avatar
Thanks, Maxiton!
image.php

Cadel and his secret wingman: the punisher of rivals

Great ending to a great Tour.

Congrats to Cadel Evans!

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
Cadel what a champion totally deserved that win, this is one of the best days in my life as a cycling fan. Great to see the friendship between gilbert and evans, it kinda hints that gilbert is going to BMC.

Bring on la vuelta!

Amazing feeling....totallly deserved it. He has chased it for so many years. A well fought victory.

Seeing BMC's group hug was brilliant.

RE: the Flag round the neck, just about every aussie athlete that has won something major has done that.:rolleyes:

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Now this bald moron says Cadel is a different type of TDF winner because he rides more than the Tour.

Umm werent 3 of the last 4 winners named Alberto Contador?:confused:

Serously what this guy says is a crime to cycling

if anything, Cuddles rides even less than Contador. Only Cuddles whines openly that he was too tired in previous years because of a too busy program. Last year ok, but other years? Nah.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Amazing feeling....totallly deserved it. He has chased it for so many years. A well fought victory.

Seeing BMC's group hug was brilliant.

RE: the Flag round the neck, just about every aussie athlete that has won something major has done that.:rolleyes:

yes brilliant what a day for BMC and Evans, this is the race that he really wanted to win.
BMC look brilliant as a team, they are all behind evans its great!
Evans will be at the top of the uci ranking!

May 27, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
if anything, Cuddles rides even less than Contador. Only Cuddles whines openly that he was too tired in previous years because of a too busy program. Last year ok, but other years? Nah.

nah schleck beats contador, he rides hard the most;)

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
yes brilliant what a day for BMC and Evans, this is the race that he really wanted to win.
BMC look brilliant as a team, they are all behind evans its great!
Evans will be at the top of the uci ranking!

Phil just said he wants to win it though :p

I don't think BMC was that brilliant this Tour especially in the mountains, but that makes his victory only better I suppose.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Oh gods, the Australian flag cape. Different sensibilities, I suppose.

I can't for the life of me understand why Oss is getting into bunch sprints. I assume Cancellara was bored today, but Oss has been doing it every day.

I thought Oss was an upcoming sprinter?

Oh and no one does displaying their national identity extravengently to hide their insecurites quite like Australians. :D

January 26th is insufferable.

Still, have not fault with Cadel today, its his forever.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Evans will be on some sick amount of CQ and UCI points now.

He will be close to Contador now in CQ efficiency (points per race day). He will be in 3rd place for the rolling and 2011 rankings.

I think BMC will be top3 in the UCI rankings now :eek:

haha they were already top 6 before le tour.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
An exciting last week following a mundane second week following an incredibly wreck-filled first week.

Chapeau Cadel, you carried on even when the motorcycles couldn't.

1270288067-05072011170029.jpg

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
So the tour of 2011 ended up being a great one, despite the many crashes in the first week. You posters on CN only made it better. Au revoir!

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
TBH, the uci ranking is much heavily favored to gc riders then classics riders.
IF cuddles rides the vuelta he should win it.

Not really. If Phil wins the Clasica San Sebastian, Vattenfall Cyclassics, the 2 Canadian races, the GP quest Plouay and the Giro di Lombardia he'll easily get more points. That's 500 possible points.

But doesn't matter, especially not for Cuddles. He has the biggest victory one can get in cycling ;)