• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Stage 4: Lorient - Mur de Bretagne - 172.5 km

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
sportzchick said:
still written him off though

I still do write him off, but I also knew he could win this stage, it is why I bet on him. So the point doesn't really stand that he proved us wrong or anything, he has to prove me wrong in the cols :)

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Why did Gilbert chase VDB? VDB had something of a gap, Gilbert bridged... Had he let him go, who would have chased him?

Evans was brilliant, Contador took back 8 seconds on Andy, so that's welcome for some excitement in the GC.

Vino had to spend too much energy to get in that front group. He was the last person to get on that group. He started to far back at 1 km, about 15th position. Andy had front row position and still manage to not hang on up front.

Chapeau to Thor, somewhere someone reminded me he won the stage into Barcelona on a finish that was somewhat similar to this. Garmin might have a double prong attack at the green to go with Rojas and Gilbert.

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
Greenflame said:
Why did Gilbert chase VDB? VDB had something of a gap, Gilbert bridged... Had he let him go, who would have chased him?

Evans was brilliant, Contador took back 8 seconds on Andy, so that's welcome for some excitement in the GC.
and he will.....dont worry

Beautiful finish!

-Very very very nice win by Cadel and he earned it big time!
-Contador almost got it though. Went just a little too late.
-Hushovd showing great strength and will to stay with all those incredible climbers!
-Gilbert.. not unbeatable. He's human afterall! Still a superstar.

Grats to our Evans fans! I sure hope he can contend for the podium this year.

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Great finish. Deserved win by Evans. I thought Contador's attack didn't even look very strong, but apparently everyone else was even more f*cked. Andy lost some time, his bad impression in the first couple of stages is confirmed, he'll be happy the mountains are so far back this Tour.

Lol at Gilbert, at that point he must have realised he didn't have the legs to win, why take back your own teammate. I realise he is known for being very egotistical, but this was something else.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Evans is in just about the perfect position in terms of GC now. He has time on every single one of his rivals and has all of Garmin-Cervelo to defend his lead until Super Besse.

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
Jamsque said:
Evans is in just about the perfect position in terms of GC now. He has time on every single one of his rivals and has all of Garmin-Cervelo to defend his lead until Super Besse.
need a bit more I feel...what would be an ideal points gain for him?