• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Stage 4: Lorient - Mur de Bretagne - 172.5 km

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 27, 2010
Visit site
will we see this again
6a00e552366d3388330133edc3c626970b-800wi

Publicus said:
Your post caused me to check the weather report and you are right. Predicting rain and wind throughout the stage. This one could be VERY interesting before the finish.

EDIT: What Hog says above is true as well. High possibility of crashes in the lead up to the final climb.
Come on.. this is Brittany we are traversing. Rain is constant and a fifteen minutes sunshine in between is called a "sunny day..

May 23, 2010
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
i want a surprise so why not evans for the win and yellow. if there are crosswinds or a break in the peloton im sure evans will be at the front and BMC will pounce upon the oppurtunity.

Will it be a surprise?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I think they should keep him up there well. The wind will be a crosswind for the first part of the stage and a tailwind from the COte de Laz when they turn right towards the Mur. One they get to Neuilliac it will be a cross again.

Personally think BMC should attack tommorow. They have a brilliant classics riders who can split the race apart and it WILL be very windy tommorow.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
for the win yes because everyone knows gilbert is the man to beat.

Fair enough but I actually thought Evans was closing in on Gilbert at the end of Stage 1, and I think he is a big chance to go one better tonight.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Woody22 said:
Fair enough but I actually thought Evans was closing in on Gilbert at the end of Stage 1, and I think he is a big chance to go one better tonight.

yes evans did great on that hill which wasnt really steep enough for him. he was pretty close to gilbert in the end and he was also caught out when canc attacked and had to start way behind.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Woody22 said:

But is Gilbert's Tour over after today? Does he have any reason not to give everything in the finish? I'd think Evans can't go 100% because his most important stages come in the last week and it's a long way there.

May 12, 2010
Visit site
just some guy said:
why not watch it again as see .

http://www.steephill.tv/players/720/nbcsports/?title=Stage+1+Last+Km&dashboard=tour-de-france&id=43618083&yr=2011

Gilbert had won and was slowing down, but Evans was coming at him........

Then again, Gilbert was already responding to Cancellara's attack at what, 600 meters from the finish? So Gilbert was riding pretty much a 600 meter sprint, no wonder Evans could gain a little. If they start from the same position, Evans has no chance against Gilbert (not exactly a bold prediction :eek:)

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Lanark said:
Then again, Gilbert was already responding to Cancellara's attack at what, 600 meters from the finish? So Gilbert was riding pretty much a 600 meter sprint, no wonder Evans could gain a little. If they start from the same position, Evans has no chance against Gilbert (not exactly a bold prediction :eek:)

On that finish I agree - Today time will tell

Jan the Man said:
1. Gilbert;
2. Cunego;
3. Evans;
4. EBH;
5. Roche

I think that Gilbert will win by 5 seconds over a group of about 10 riders including the others in the top 5 the two Schlecks and Contador. I think Basso, Gesink, VDB 2 and Wiggins will be the favourites to struggle (if any).
I am glad somebody finally mentioned the two Schlecks because I think that wherever AC will be , they too will be near.

Lanark said:

I agree...
the only chance that Evans has today is to create a gap in the first of the 2 final kms... if they are still together at -1km, Gilbert will destroy them...