• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Stage 7: Tournus - Station des Rousses 165.5km

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

superconfex said:
Hesjedal still up there in GC....good ride

Yea, I am wondering why he didn't try to ride off. He was always near the front and looked pretty comfortable.

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
Keep gap manageable. Test the other leaders. You know, just see who's got what. They finished with 3 riders in the main group (Navarro pulled off and stayed with the group).

Haven't seen the whole stage. Did their other climbers, i.e. De la Fuente, Hernandez and Tiralongo also pull?

Delicato said:
Haven't seen the whole stage. Did their other climbers, i.e. De la Fuente, Hernandez and Tiralongo also pull?

Tiralongo and Navarro did the work on the final climb. Tiralongo pulled off about halfway up. Navarro took them the flatish spot and then turned it over to Saxo Bank. Who immediately dropped the pace.

Valls 2nd and Capecchi 10th. Ha!

Not sure what Garmin was doing towards the end?

Also, what the hell, Liquigas? Did their domestiques take a day off, like Klödi?

These shenanigans are way too complicated for me. Just ride at 100%, damnit! I don't want to have to second-guess everything.

Delicato said:
Wishful thinking. Too early to make any conclusions. After all, there were 4 of them in the leading group.
Agreed. Klöden wasn't good (deliberately or not), the others were where you would expect them to be (yes even Popo). I'd be more concerned about Liquigas and Saxo, frankly.

On the bright side, I didn't expect Sky to do so decently today!

Delicato said:
Wishful thinking. Too early to make any conclusions. After all, there were 4 of them in the leading group.

I think this is right. Shack did nothing more than hold on to the group. Levi, Jani and Horner struggled a bit, but they kept it together.

Saxo was pretty unimpressive. Same with Liquigas.

May 15, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
Agreed. Klöden wasn't good (deliberately or not), the others were where you would expect them to be (yes even Popo). I'd be more concerned about Liquigas and Saxo, frankly.

On the bright side, I didn't expect Sky to do so decently today!

Wiggins seemed to have absolutely no problem today. Hope to see him attacking tomorrow. And at least he has Lovkvist as his mountain domestique.

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
What a boring stage, up to tommorow! I hope AC accelerates hardly to see someone can hold his wheel. RS was pretty average today indeed, if it is like this tommorow, LA will be isolated almost the entire last climb :s.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
i was expecting more from Radioshack but maybe they will show better tomorrow.( i doubt it)

Sky were probably worse,Wiggans hung on but Thomas went out of the back after a puncture but he's still doing well.
He was Leading out Hagen in the sprints for the last 3 days on the flat so he's probably a bit stuffed.

Another lame Tour stage. So boring! The Alps this year are really awful. When will the organizers give us something to get excited about in the French mountains. How can you have an alpine stage like that? Col di Who Cares, followed by Col di Somewhat Steep! :(