• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France - Stage 9, 168.5km - Saint-Girons / Bagnères-de-Bigorre, July 7th

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Attacking The Dawg on the ascent in stead of the descent or the flat when he's isolated. What a bunch of tactical geniuses at Movistar

forkboy84 said:
No, I patronise you because you are look at it as a black & white issue. There ARE boring stages & great stages. There are also alright stages, decent stages, good stages & so on. This is fine. It's not the greatest thing ever but I'm also not bored. It's not going to remembered in 10 years but how many are? What, it's terrible because it was really exciting in the beginning? Sorry Hitch, but that's an absurd logical failure. Sorry that I'm capable of appreciating things that are merely OK I guess?

It's a shame that you're so hard-bitten or cynical or whatever that everything needs to be best ever though. It's nice being able to appreciate a lot more than that.

Excuse me i never said anything needs to be the best ever. I said this stage was boring. And it has. Im hardly the only person who thinks that. Nothing has happened for over 100km despite the fact that there have been 4 climbs in that period.

Of course i must hate cycling for make that observation. Watching 40 riders do nothing for 3 hours isnt the reason most people watch the sport. Maybe you do though.
Angliru said:
It's a long race. They've successfully separated Froome from his teammates )

They did that 100km ago.

What have they done since?

And isolating him from his teammates only works for todays stage. After the final 34k of this stage are done, Porte will be free to start with froome on every stage and protect him all over again.