• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France - Stage 9, 168.5km - Saint-Girons / Bagnères-de-Bigorre, July 7th

Page 54 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 14, 2013
Visit site
jilbiker said:
Porte's statement yesterday about Quintina was immature and must have ticked off the entire Peloton. It was a "rub-it-in-your-face". He will get no help from anyone in the Peloton. Sky will also have a difficult two wks, they will get no help from the field. But Froome does not care, he thinks he is Capt Superman. When will this fella learn? he had the same attitude in the early stages of Vuelta 2012 and then got the burn out. if he was tactically aware he should not have played out his hand so early. I know folks will claim he had TDF 2012 in his legs but like Tiger Woods has said, Majors are won with whats between your ears not your hands (for golf, legs for cycling). I still say thats Froome's weak ***** in the armour, tactical smarts.

I highly doubt any professional rider takes anything anyone has said to heart and lets it effect them in any way. Its more likely that they are unwilling to help him because he was number 2 in the gc and they are suporting other gc riders.

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
What the hell happened to Kiri? Must have cracked totally, over 10 minutes behind the gruppetto. If he is eliminated, not good for Sky at all, one of the most important domestiques.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Hayabusa said:
I don't think the loss of Vasil means much if Thomas regains fitness, if he doesn't however then they will be threatened quite a bit.

thomas has a hairline fracture in his pelvis. I'm not sure how fitness can do with injury. He should have packed his back, instead of playing martyr. He might damage his muscle in the long run. There's another TDF next year and next year and next year. And with sky training and science are still head and shoulder above other teams, their chances to win TDF again is still high.

Bakhjulet said:
What the hell happened to Kiri? Must have cracked totally, over 10 minutes behind the gruppetto. If he is eliminated, not good for Sky at all, one of the most important domestiques.

Maybe the big effort yesterday resulted in some stiff legs this morning, resulting in him missing the autobus and having to ride much of the stage by himself? Was reading Nico Roche's book and in that he mentions the alpe d'huez stage in 2011 where he was the 6th guy to lose contact with the peloton. That was after a couple of days in breaks but he said he felt fine later in the stage, just couldnt push it hard at first.

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Jelantik said:
thomas has a hairline fracture in his pelvis. I'm not sure how fitness can do with injury. He should have packed his back, instead of playing martyr. He might damage his muscle in the long run. There's another TDF next year and next year and next year. And with sky training and science are still head and shoulder above other teams, their chances to win TDF again is still high.
Wasn't it mentioned that Thomas riding would have minimal impact in the recovery of the fracture?

burning said:
That sentence is the most *** thing I have ever read for a long time
Get used to it.

Ferminal said:
Honestly, none of them have been right since April. They were "ok" in L-B-L and of course there was Siutsou's great win in Trentino, but apart from that they have looked very ordinary. JTL required :(
JTL has to be the only rider who has been absolutely terrible since joining Sky.