• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de la Provence 2021, France, February 11 - February 14

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Why would Remco care about an attack from Bernal 5 minutes behind him?

Think he would have to care if there was any descending to do in the ITT. :p I would think most other teams would make a much bigger effort in the mountains to try and gain lots of time on Remco, knowing his TT'ing. They could quite easily dismantle DQS leaving him exposed. But then again, he could go on to be a monster in the mountains over 3 weeks too. We'll just have to wait and see. I would still think he would care if he see Bernal attack 5 mins behind.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Messy sprint. It gets quite unpredictable when a load of lower level sprinters are fighting for the win. I can see why Bouhani was annoyed, given that they were up against the barriers but the deviation wasn’t big.

Very frustrating race for Demare. He botched the first sprint by going way too early when he was perfectly placed. He got dropped before the uphill sprint. Then he made a huge mess of the approach today. Very weird the way he repeatedly lost his teammates wheel.

Congrats to Bauhaus on a nice win.

Last edited:
Messy sprint. It gets quite unpredictable when a load of lower level sprinters are fighting for the win. I can see why Bouhani was annoyed, given that they were up against the barriers but the deviation wasn’t big.

Very frustrating race for Demare. He botched the first sprint by going way too early when he was perfectly sprint. He got dropped before the uphill sprint. Then he made a huge mess of the approach today. Very weird the way he repeatedly lost his teammates wheel.

Congrats to Bauhaus on a nice win.
I kinda get where Nacer is coming from, if he was doing the same he'd probably get relegated.

I don't think Bernal had the legs to win saturday. He was the whole day in the weels. He was in the wheels after the attack of Sosa (and the reaction of Sevenant). He was in the weels of Ala (and a short time also Poels). But in spite of this, he couldn't jump away from behind Ala's back. Though he tried. Only in the last 200 meters could he take a few seconds on Ala.

I don't think Bernal had the legs to win saturday. He was the whole day in the weels. He was in the wheels after the attack of Sosa (and the reaction of Sevenant). He was in the weels of Ala (and a short time also Poels). But in spite of this, he couldn't jump away from behind Ala's back. Though he tried. Only in the last 200 meters could he take a few seconds on Ala.

So because one guy, from his own team, was better, he didn't have the legs to win? No, he probably couldn't have made an attack like Sosas stick, but I'm sure he would have been able to win by attacking somewhere in the last 2K if Sosa hadn't flown away.

So because one guy, from his own team, was better, he didn't have the legs to win? No, he probably couldn't have made an attack like Sosas stick, but I'm sure he would have been able to win by attacking somewhere in the last 2K if Sosa hadn't flown away.
But in that situation, Ala was in a better position. Saturday, he had to push hard with Bernal in his wheel. Without the attack of Sosa, Ala could stay himself in the wheels. And counter an attack of Bernal. En Beat him in the last 200 meter, being more explosive than Bernal.

But in that situation, Ala was in a better position. Saturday, he had to push hard with Bernal in his wheel. Without the attack of Sosa, Ala could stay himself in the wheels. And counter an attack of Bernal. En Beat him in the last 200 meter, being more explosive than Bernal.

I'm sure Bernal could have gone up the road if Sosa hadn't been there. He looked at ease.
Besides I don't want to see Alaphilippe drop a Bernal in decent form on such a climb, unless Bernal lets him go. That would be to clinical.

TRENDING THREADS