• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de l'Ain 2012 (2.1) 7-11 Aug

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Waiting for the Daan Olivier hype thread :p

I mean he did better in this race than Wilco did last year, and he had a "Wilco Kelderman is the New Eddy Merckx" thread, so Olivier deservs one too! :)

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Maaaaaaaarten said:
Waiting for the Daan Olivier hype thread :p

I mean he did better in this race than Wilco did last year, and he had a "Wilco Kelderman is the New Eddy Merckx" thread, so Olivier deservs one too! :)

He doesn't need that, he's done a good race but why the hyping? He isn't even a Colombian.

What's strange is that he still doesn't want to be pro, and that he still wants to learn stuff at the U23 races.
However nothing teaches the hard lessons of cycling as good as being a professional.
I wonder if a rider who's done a ride like this can still improve in the U23 races.

Last year Kelderman won a stage there. Talansky might be a young GT hope but his climbing i never thought was explosive. This year the Navarro proved he is the best climber here ( Pinot/ Rolland as well ) but he then lost time ( probably to peak for the Vuelta ).

The climbers last year ( Moncoutie, Poels and Konig ) are better than Navarro, Pardilla and Talansky.

TRENDING THREADS